STARTING ANEW (39)

Dieko

"Where are you guys taking me to ni?."

"Calm down naw, we're almost there." Dorothy says.

"Don't sha allow me to fall o." I warn them.

"We won't, don't you-"

"Ow." I wince as my leg hits something hard, maybe an iron rod.

"Well you didn't fall." Ife says sheepishly.

"Seriously, it's not funny." I whine.

"Oya sorry naw, it was a mistake."

Remind me why I allowed them blindfold me again?.

And if you are wondering if I'm in Abuja, I'm not, Dorothy and Ife are in Lagos, they got here last week although I don't know why they came because I'm going to Abuja very soon to spend the Christmas holiday with my dad.

We are currently in Ikoyi Mall, Dorothy and Ife brought me here, but then they blindfolded me immediately the driver dropped us off in the compound, said they have a surprise, I'm anxious...and scared because I'm blindfolded, before they'll allow me hit my head on something.

"Okay, we're here." Dorothy announces removing the blindfold.

I look around, we are in the movies section, just near the movie theatre.

"I don't get it, is there like a new movie you guys want me to watch or something, because I'm really not feeling this surprise." I give a straight face.

Ife rolls her eyes. "Don't be a mumu, the surprise is sitting right there." She points at a male figure sitting on one of the chairs by the railings, I immediately recognize the figure.

"Why did you guys bring me here?, I told you, he doesn't want to talk to me anymore."

"He does, D, he was the one who pleaded with us to bring you here."

"Really?."

"Yes, now go." Dorothy pushes me slightly forward.

"Okay, but both of you should wait here o."

"Sure, we are not going anywhere."

I turn around and walk towards Akin, as I get to him, I notice he's tapping his leg on the floor, something he does whenever he's thinking about something.

I sit down beside him, he's putting on a grey tank top, black joggers and palms.

We are both silent for a while before I speak up.

"I didn't know you came to Lagos with Ife and Dorothy."

He turns to face me, I notice he still looks the same...well what was I expecting, it has just been a few months not years.

"I didn't, I just got here last week, I'm staying with my sister."

"Oh." I nod in understanding, he has an elder sister whose Uni is here in Lagos.

"So why did you come then?."

"I came to make things right." He says.

"I don't understand."

He takes my hand in his, his hand is a little moist, just the way I remember it.

"I'm sorry, D, I'm sorry for those things I said to you, I didn't mean them."

"It's fine, you had every right to be upset, I lied to you."

"Yes, but as your best friend I reacted the wrong way, you were going through a lot of stuff and I just..." He trails off.

"It's fine, really, I was hurt by the things you said but I deserved it."

"I'm sorry, please forgive me?."

"I was never upset with you, Akin, I was just upset with myself for lying to you."

"So are we fine?, I mean are we okay?."

"Wait, did you come all the way from Abuja just to apologize to me?." I laugh.

He nods.

"What the hell happened to calls and texts?."

"I wanted it to be in person."

I shake my head laughing. I pull him into a hug.

We both pull away minutes later.

"I've missed you." He smiles.

"I know naw, aren't you my number one lover?."

"See this girl o."

I laugh. "How long are you staying?."

"I don't even know, maybe a week or so?."

"You guys know that I'm coming to Abuja soon right?."

"Seriously?."

"Yes, the girls didn't tell you?, I am, to spend some time with my dad, long story." I tell him.

"I guess we'll be seeing more of each other."

"I guess so too, you need to meet my new friends, they are so cool."

"I've already met them."

"What?, How?." I ask surprised.

"Ife and Dorothy, they introduced me to them, you've grown up o, you're now dating shey?."

"Abeg free me." I laugh.

"Now come on." I stand up smiling, "Let me show you around this mall, let's have fun together today."

"Umm, I don't think that is going to be possible today."

"Why?." I pout, "You have other plans?."

"Nah, but I think you do."

"What?."

He nods his head towards my direction behind me. I turn around to see Timi, I can't help it, I run over to him and hug him wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Woah babe, calm down." He laughs gently putting me down.

"You didn't tell me you'll be here today."

"Yeah, your cousin made me come."

I pout. "And see me thinking you just came to see my fine face."

He laughs again. "I came for that too." He places a light kiss on my lips.

"And I also came to give you something, I bought it in Abuja but I kinda forgot with everything that has been happening."

"Okayyyy..." I draw out tucking my black braids behind my ear, he hands me a small box from his pocket, I open it to see a golden key necklace.

It's beautiful.

"Wow babe, thank you." I smile at him turning around so he can put it around my neck.

"Don't you want to know what that key is for?." He asks as he wears it for me.

"Umm...what is it for?."

"It's the key to my heart Dieko, I just gave you the key to my heart."

I turn around to face him.

"Awwn, I'm honored." I joke wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Don't lose it."

"I can't lose it if I'm never taking it off."

"Good." He says before pulling me into a kiss.

•••••
Chaii😂😂😂they naw left Akin there.

And it's a wrap guys!!!!!

I can't believe it's over, wow😂😂

Stay tuned for an author's note after this chapter!!!!