STARTING ANEW (34)

Lanre

My head was literally pounding as I walked around the hotel with the boys, I had planned on getting some sleep immediately after we found our room and put away our things but the boys had insisted I come with them to look around. I couldn't wait to get back to our room and pull off this hideous blue and black t-shirt the school had given us to wear.

"Hey, you okay?." Henry asks.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not okay, I said that since, you guys insisted on sightseeing."

He laughs. "Chill dude, we're almost done."

"Henry, you need to see this." Noya appears.

"What?."

"Those babes look dope." He points towards two girls standing at the entrance of the hotel, they are obviously here because of NISSMUN just like us, "Let's goan talk to them."

"Noya, what about that girl you said you liked?." Timi asks him.

"Which babe?." His eyebrows furrow for a moment before he sighs in realization, "Abeg, I'm over that girl. No girl can come and tie me down, she has being doing shakara since."

Timi bursts out laughing, I would have to but the banging in my head stops me.

"They'll use girl and kill you, Noya, shebi I've told you before."

"Leave that one, I must talk to those babes today." He points at the two girls still standing at the entrance. He leaves with Henry.

I turn around to lean my elbows on the railings in front of me. "Hey, who are those girls the girls are talking to?." I ask Timi pointing at the bottom of the stairs where the girls are talking to two girls from other schools.

"I think they are Dieko's friends that she's been talking about, should we go say hi?."

"I'm not in the mood to meet new people." I shake my head.

"The headache huh?."

I nod. "Speaking of Dieko, how far with her?."

"How far what?." I watch as his eyebrows furrow.

"Have you asked her out?."

His silence tells me everything.

"What are you waiting for man, do it already!."

"And then what happens if she rejects me?."

"She's not going to reject you, I'm sure she likes you."

"But when you asked Bridget if she does, she didn't say anything, isn't that a clear no?."

I roll my eyes. "Don't be a fucking pussy."

He shoots me a glare.

"What?, we both know you're saying that because you're too scared to ask her out. Bridget didn't tell me because she said she didn't want to break the girl code."

He swears and  mutters something along the line of 'girls and their stupid code.'

"But do you think that Maxwell guy likes her?."

"Is it the one in our class?." I ask.

He rolls his eyes. "No, the one that sells ice cream on the road. Of course it's the one in our class."

"Chill out man." I chuckle, "Don't take your frustration out on me, I'm not the one that told you to be scared to asked her out."

"Dude, I'm not in the mood."

"Fine, what was your question again?."

"Maxwell, do you think he likes Dieko?."

"I don't know." I shrug, "Why?, What's wrong?."

"He's been around her lately, they're always talking and she's always laughing and he's always touching her."

"Ahan." I laugh, "So she should not laugh again?."

"She shouldn't." He gives a straight forward answer. "I really don't appreciate another guy all over my girl."

"Chill out dude, chill." I chuckle, "She's not your girl."

"Yet." He butts in.

I scoff. "Yeah, in about ten years time, because I know you aren't going to tell her how you feel anytime soon."

"Says who?."

"Me of course."

"Are you daring me?."

"Yes, I am."

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

"Fine, I'm going to tell her I feel about her today and nothing is stopping me, then you'll see that I'm not scared to confess my feelings for her."

I mentally hi-five myself, I knew what I was doing, I knew wounding his ego would make him want to tell her to prove he can do it and it worked...Lanre, you're too smart jare.

"Who is that guy Bridget is talking to?." He asks.

"What guy?."

"That guy?." He points just opposite us where Bridget is talking to a guy, he's not wearing the shirt that all schools are supposed to be wearing and he's obviously not in Secondary school, the other girls are nowhere to be found.

"I don't know him." I shrug.

"And you're not bothered?."

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Why would I be?."

"It looks like he's flirting with her." He gestures to them, I spend some seconds watching them, the guy tries to touch her hair but she swats his arm away, the guy then throws his head back in laughter at something she says, she shoves him away playfully.

"Nah." I shake my head, "I trust my girl."

"Woah!." He exclaims, "That's some trust."

I pat him on his shoulder. "You see man, trust is the most important thing in a relationship, but you wouldn't know that, until you start dating Dieko." I wink.

He scoffs. "You just want to remind me of the fact that you've kept a relationship for over a year and I haven't."

"Look at that, you're smarter than I thought." I chuckle.

"I'm going to keep Dieko."

"Oh, for two weeks?."

"Over two years." He deadpans.

"I hope Timi, I really hope so." I laugh,

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bed in the room and it's really calling my name." I pat his back.

"I hope something chases you in your dream."

I roll my eyes. "You're just pained."

I get to the room moments later and open the door with the key card we were each given.

I drift off to sleep immediately my head hits the pillow...

•••••
What do you guys think????😂

Comment your thoughts below...blow up my comments guys!!!!😂😂

I'll see you guys in the next chapter

Byeeeeeee❤️❤️❤️