STARTING ANEW (16)

Picture of Maxwell above ☝️☝️

Dieko

"Why did he wink at you when he was going to his seat?." Feyi asks.

Oya, what exactly is this girl's problem?, see me thinking she would have forgotten o, she likes gist too much.

"Who?." I feign ignorance.

"Jamb question." She hisses, "Maxwell naw."

"How am I supposed to know?." I lie.

This is mummy's fault o, why couldn't she just wait until after our extra classes?.

The school organized extra classes for us SS2 students. Said we needed to be prepared for our GCE exams, me I don't know where they are running to, it's just first term. So instead of us going home by 3pm like on normal school days, SS2 students go home by 4pm.

Mum said she couldn't wait to pick me up so she took Damilola home and told me to find my way home with Feyi which I was currently doing, Maxwell winked at me when he was going to his seat this afternoon after he introduced himself and Feyi wouldn't let me hear word again, it's all she's been talking about.

"Just spill this thing naw, what are you hiding?."

"Must you hear gist?, Is it by force?." I laugh.

"Umm, this one you are blushing, hope all is well."

"What are you saying?, Who's blushing with you?."

"Umm, okay o."

"Oya, if I tell you, shebi you'll stop disturbing me?."

"Yes." She smiles immediately, nawa o, this gist must be hungrying her.

"Maxwell and I went to the same primary school back in Abuja, we even went to the same secondary school too, we were really close, I even had a crush on him in JSS2, then he left Creative Minds in JSS3, we stopped talking cause after he left, he stopped calling, he didn't pick my calls anymore, so I haven't heard from him in like two years till I saw him today, I think he recognized me." I explain.

"Obviously naw, why else would he have winked?, But come o, there was a time you told me you were crushing on Akin, I think we were in SS1 then, now Maxwell too, how many guys did you like ni?."

"Shut up " I shove her playfully, "Like is different from crush, I just crushed on Maxwell and Akin, I didn't like any of them."

"You were crushing on me?, That's nice to hear."

Jesus Christ!.

I turn around quickly my bag slipping from my left shoulder, it lands on the pavement with a thud.

"Have you-have you been following me?." My eyes widen.

"Follow ke?, I just happen to live closeby so I have to take this route home." He gives his signature smile, omo, he has gotten finer, chaii.

"Oh God." I groan facepalming myself, I can't believe he heard that, I knew I shouldn't have gisted Feyi while walking on the streets.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about naw." He removes my hand from my face, "I always knew you liked me, I mean, I was liked by a lot of girls in JSS2."

Is this one mad?.

"Hope you're okay sha?, I never liked you, iyama, I had a crush on you, big difference."

That's when this Feyi knows she'll open her mouth.

"There's no difference naw, crush and like are the same thing."