STARTING ANEW (15)

Dedicated to Bhisorla_❤️

Dieko

"I'm so sorry Feyi, please just hear me out, I'm ready to tell you everything" I plead desperately

"Shebi you told me to stay away from you" She crosses her arms over her chest

"I know I did but I'm sorry, I just said it out of anger, you know I didn't mean it, please forgive me"

Talking to my mum this morning has made me realize I can't handle this alone, it's draining me, Akin is my best friend, I even used to crush on him in SS1, I don't know what I would do if he doesn't forgive me

"I'm not angry Dieko, just tell me what's wrong"

"It's Akin"

"Is it that your best friend, Bestie 1?" She inquires making me remember the video call that day

"Yes" I nod "You see, I told you that I lied to them about my reason for leaving Abuja, but what I didn't tell you was that Akin didn't believe me, he felt I was lying and he asked me again and again and I still lied to him, the night when Ife and Dorothy called me, they said he didn't want to join the call that I should call him myself and talk to him alone, so I've been calling and texting, most times he would be online on WhatsApp but he wouldn't reply, I know it's not a good enough explanation but Akin means the world to me and I was just so sad that he wasn't replying me or anything, that was why I-"

"Poured out your anger on me" She finishes

"Yeah, I'm sorry" I breathe out

"I'm your cousin, Dieko, it doesn't matter if you were angry, what you said really hurt me, I tell you everything too and you know that" Her eyes were swirling with different emotions but one was more pronounced. Hurt

"I'm sorry, I let my anger get the best of me"

"It's fine, but I have to tell you something...Akin won't forgive you unless you tell him the truth and that is that your father brought another woman home and your mum couldn't take it, unless you tell him that, both of you can never be friends again"

"I'm scared, Dieko" I confess "I'm scared that even if I tell him the truth, he would still be angry"

"He has the right to still be angry because you lied to him, look the words 'best friends' are for a reason, you're meant to be able to tell him anything"

I heave out a sigh

"Can I give you his number so you can help me tell him?"

"Ah, noo, that would make matters worse naw, it's better you tell him yourself and apologize, that way, he'll know you're truly sorry"

I rub my temples, my head was aching badly

"Okay" I croak out

"Free period is over" She looks at her watch "Let's go back to class"

"What were you doing here?"

"Ahan, what do people do inside the toilet?"

I giggle "You know what I mean naw, you only washed your face, you didn't even use the toilet" I say remembering seeing her wash her face when I came out

She hisses "Is it not Noya and Henry, those two mumus"

That name sounds familiar

"Noya?, I think I know him"

"He said he wanted to talk to you but you ignored him"

Ohhhhh

It's my turn to hiss "The boy can't take a hint, he came to meet me the other day at the pool party, I wasn't answering him o, someone with common sense would know I wasn't in the mood, but him he was still talking, I just stood up and left the place for him"