STARTING ANEW (28)

Dieko

"-So that's how you explain the laboratory preparation of oxygen, do you understand?." I ask Maxwell who is sitting beside me.

"Yes." He writes something down in his jotter.

Maxwell and I made a deal.Today is Monday and the test starts on Wednesday and ends on Friday. I realized that I needed help in Physics, I'm not dumb or anything, infact, I was always part of the top three in my class back in Abuja, I didn't even fail Physics, I always got a B, I've gotten a B as far as I remember, I've only gotten an A once and that time I just got an A by one mark. Compared to my other scores, that is really bad, I don't mean to brag or anything but I don't get less than an 89 in each subject.

So now, I want to get an A in Physics and not just by one mark, so I remembered that Maxwell once told me that he loves Physics but he isn't doing that well in Chemistry so I offered to teach him Chemistry if he would teach me Physics so that is why we are both sitting here, according to what Feyi told me, during tests and exam week, we don't have classes at all, the school expects all students to be studying and revising for their papers, only the dumb ones wouldn't grab this opportunity and study.

"Lola, I need a favor from you."

"Okay, speak." I smile.

"You and Bridget are quite close, right?."

"Yeah, what's wrong?."

"So that means you'll have her number, please come and give me."

"What do you need her number for?, Is she owing you money?." I joke

He rolls his eyes. "I want to ask her out, like on a date."

I burst out laughing, craze must be worrying this one.

"Maxwell, is it that you don't have eyes or you have eyes but have just refused to use them?."

"Of course I'm using my eyes, if not how would I have sighted Bridget, that girl is stunning."

"Ehn, okay, so if you actually use your eyes like you claim, you're meant to also know that the girl is taken."

"Seriously, by who?."

"Fish, Maxwell, by fish." I reply the sarcasm evident in my voice

He snickers. "I know she has a boyfriend, I'm just asking who the boyfriend is."

I stare at him in disbelief. "Seriously Maxwell?, You're really asking me that question?, Everybody in this school knows that Lanre is Bridget's boyfriend and they've been dating for more than a year now so you better look elsewhere, she's a no go area because Lanre doesn't joke with his girl. I'm talking from experience."

Half the population of boys in this set want Bridget, I can't blame them though. That girl can make a fellow girl turn to a Lesbian and make a guy run mad. I've seen her both parents because they used come to pick her up from school before they started this after school class stuff for us.

Her mother is a black while her father is white, according to Bridget, she was born abroad, her and her three brothers, but her family moved here when she was seven, her parents felt they were spoilt and wanted them to be back on track, she said they might relocate back to the states when she's done with Secondary school since she was the last born and considering the fact that we are in SS2, she won't have to wait long before she relocates back with her family.

Her natural hair is thick and stops well below her shoulders, almost at her mid-back, her skin is flawless as per no spots at all, she's naw fair, chaii. Her body shape is the gengen sef, she has breast and bumbum in the right proportion, she naw has a flat stomach and really tiny waist. There was a day she wore this red off the shoulder body con dress, that day ehn, I knew why Lanre doesn't want to let her go, God must have made that girl on a Sunday sha.

"What about Nmesoma?, That fine Igbo girl that you talk to."

"What's with you and my friends?, Let me sha tell you, there's no point of asking about Feyi, she's taken too."

"Why is it that all your friends are taken but you're still single?, you should be ashamed of yourself."

"See who's talking o, are you taken ni?."

"I don't need to be taken." He wraps his arm around my shoulders, "We all know the ladies find me attractive."

A sound leaves my mouth, I don't know if I'm coughing or laughing.

"First of all." I remove his arm from around my shoulders, "What kind of perfume are you using?, It's choking." I frown my face.

"My brother bought it for me, it's a-"

"On a second thought, never mind." I cut him off turning my attention back to my Chemistry textbook.

"Lola " He calls.

"Yeah?." My eyes still glued to the textbook.

"Don't look back, but have you noticed that Timilehin has been staring at you?."

I almost turn my head to the left. Almost because Maxwell turns my head roughly back almost breaking my neck.

"Ahan" I rub my neck, my face scrunched up in pain.

He smirks. "I said don't look."

I hiss loudly. "I'm sure he's just staring at something in front of me or behind me."

"Nah, he's definitely staring at you. I think he likes you."

I burst out in laughter. "Like ko, like ni."

"I'm actually serious."

"And you know that how?."

"Cause I'm a guy." He states like it's the most obvious thing in the world, "I know how a guy behaves when he likes a girl."

"Oh really?." I place my chin on my hand which is resting on the table, "Enlighten me then."

"Okay for starters, the guy always asks you questions, he will always want to keep a conversation going with you. Another thing a guy does when he likes a girl is that he always smiles at the girl and most times he does it, he keeps eye contact. Another thing is he would want the girl's number, it's either he asks her or asks someone else-"

"Oh, you mean the same way you were always begging for my number before I finally gave in?."

He rolls his eyes. "Shut up jare, I never begged you, I just asked."

"What's the difference?."

"Please keep quiet and let me continue."

I decide to glue my mouth shut.

"Good...the guy gets jealous whenever he sees the girl with another guy. He remembers every single thing she tells him and last but not least, the guy doesn't check other girls out. Now you can see how good I am at this." He finishes proudly.

"If you are done being a mumu, can we continue this Chemistry?."

"Because I said let me help you."

"I didn't ask for your help naw, there's no way Timi can like me, it's not possible."

"I've sha told you my own...Anything for the boys?."

"I'm not giving you my friend's number, Maxwell, they are not the Chemistry you asked me to teach you."

"What is wrong with you this girl?, Why are you like this?."

"It's like you don't hear word." I hiss packing my Physics and Chemistry textbook. I'll goan meet somebody else to teach me this thing, this Maxwell is too annoying.

••••••
So we can all see that Maxwell DOESN'T like Dieko

That means Timi doesn't have any competition 😂😂maybe for now😂

We'll find out in the subsequent chapters

Don't forget to vote and comment guys

Till next time

Byeeeeeee❤️❤️