16 || Maybe I do love you

You gulped before you went and placed your hand on top of his. He held on to you right before you went beside to stand at the top of the grey fence at his balcony. You looked down and felt nauseous at how far up you were. He gave you a gentle squeeze before you turned to look at him.

"Hey, just focus on looking forward, don't look down since that isn't where you want to go, keep your eyes towards where you want to go and you'll get there just by keeping your head positioned to the destined direction."

You took a deep breath and nodded. Your legs were shaking slightly since you were only used to flying in a room but not from a tall building. You were having some second thoughts on whether or not this was the best route. Your lips wobbled as you backed off slightly and shook your head at him.

"Can't we just take the car? I don't mind getting late..."

He shook his head with his usual smirk. "Nah, as long as you're my daughter, I expect you to be punctual, to be on time for school, besides you're gonna have to use my quirk for school so you'll need to train daily to get used to it."

"I know...but isn't this just a bit too high for a beginner like me?"

He shook his head. "It's the same thing I told you when we trained together, flying at different heights, you've nearly mastered the aspect of speed but now you've gotta work on flying higher than usual."

You recalled a memory when Keigo brought you to his agency and trained in a large gymnasium where he made you fly up and down just to get used to using your wings. But you couldn't shake the fact that you're jumping up from a tall building right now. In the back of your head, you knew that you cannot get late today since it is the day of battle trials with All Might. Much to your dismay, your cowardly self took over your decisions

"Can you just carry me instead?" You said shyly.

You pursed your lips as he swiftly got off the fence and made his way in front of you. He looked down to your face with his usual smirk as he grabbed ahold of your chin and lifted up.

"Hm, I'd love to but that's no fun, I've already done it multiple times during rescue missions, won't you make it more fun by letting me teach you to fly higher instead? Besides, you get to hold my hand~"

You pouted and looked to the side. "Holding your hand isn't gonna motivate me..."

It kind of does...but I just don't want him to think I'm falling for him, letting him have his way...and mainly I don't wanna fly this high...

He placed his hand on your shoulder. You looked back to meet his golden irises that shown bright from the sunlight. He looked intently into your eyes with such calmness before spoke.

"Come on, (Name), you won't get better if you keep yourself all used to the normal set point for yourself, I'd love to carry you there but out of love as your mentor and your father, I'll have to let you take off your wings and fly...But I'll always be there the whole time to guide and support you, and if anything happens, I'll be there to catch you since I'm a Pro Hero after all."

You blinked with a silent surprise at his words. You smiled sheepishly with a laugh and small tint of red on your cheeks. He seemed to have kept his gaze on you in patience in anticipation for your reply.

You smirked. "Awe, I didn't think you could get any sweeter, Keigo, and did you just admit that you loooove me~?"

You leaned forward with a sly grin. He stifled backwards as he turned his head to the side with a small chuckle out of his breath. He turned his gaze back at you with a sly smile.