27 • Switching Embers

"Oi! Hawks, it's time to head ou—" A deep feminine voice spoke. "What is going on here?!"

You sat completely frozen, your eyes trailed over to look at the the tall female with a muscular build in every part you wished you had. She wore her white rabbit hero costume which accentuated her curves and all alike with her long ivory hair trailed down to her waist.

Her presence alone definitely made you feel feeble in comparison. Your heart abruptly accelerated, completely aware of the fact that you were seated on Keigo's lap and made it seem as though you two were about to kiss.

"Oh, hey, Bunns!" Hawks greeted casually with a convincing smile. "I was just checking if she had any pimples, that's all."

You chuckled nervously with a sweat-drop, going along with his unconvincing excuse. "Yeah, he was Uhh...helping me spot any pimples I can pop."

You two quickly stood up and gave a reasonable distance with each other.

"Ha...?" She stood there, dumbfounded, mostly unconvinced, or more so baffled into thinking she was going to fall for that lame excuse.

She made her way towards you, towering above you as she gently placed her hand on your chin and lifted your head up, moving it from one side to the other. "There aren't any blemishes on you, but you do look rather skinny."

"Oh, right..." you laughed nervously while averting your eyes to up and down at her figure, looking away from her crimson orbs. "Well, it's quite clear in comparison with your...body."

She removed her hand from you and placed it on her hip. "So, you're that lady that Hawks was flying with this morning, aren't ya? Even the media are flocking Hawks' agency," she huffed in irritation, "...had to bulge to make it in here."

"N-No, I...uh, don't have wings," you twisted your body towards her to show, unsure why you were afraid to reveal the truth, maybe due to the words of reality that Keigo spoke to you about. "...See?"

"But, there's holes behind your uniform..."

"Oh, Uhh—"

"Tch, don't underestimate me for an idiot," she spoke with her deep voice as she averted her eyes between the two of you. "I know you two were about to—"

"She's not the one," Keigo interrupted, going along with what you said. "She's my daughter."

"Daughter...?" She looked to and fro between you two with in an incredulous look. "Who did you hit on to produce some cute chick like her?"

You choked a saliva at her blunt question, not realizing that a tint of red surfaced on your cheeks by her description of you. You also noticed that Keigo was coughing to himself, as if he was holding back a chortle. There was a moment of silence when you two glanced at each other before you two began to laugh lightly once again.

You turned back to her crimson eyes. "Uh, I'm adop—"

Keigo slung his arm abruptly around your neck, causing you to stop your words as he grinned coolly at her. "She took after my looks, obviously."

"Oh, please, you two look nothing alike," she sneered as she leaned her body against the table in front of Hawks and she slightly tilted her head with her brows curled with visible confidence within her crimson orbs.

"I'm surprised you've gotten a chick for yourself, considering how you've always been so independent of people, not having the time of the day for such things," she flipped her hair with a smug smirk. "...have you finally found someone who'd reach your speed?"