22 || Reality

"Please...I can't die...yet..." you spoke softly as you fell.

As your eyes momentarily opened half-way, flashes of dark blurry image of a tall figure in the midst of a black background appeared in your consciousness.

...what was that...?

You shook your head in an effort to remove the unusual image formed in your mind. Much to your dismay, it began to appear back in a glitchy, pixelated manner like a hacked monitor screen. Yet, this time, it surfaced in a clearer picture of a tall figure wearing a black, professional suite with a mask formed in a skull-like structure on his head.

...he looks familiar...

Your mouth felt parched as the rhythm of your heart raced in an unprecedented manner due to the unusual occurrence formed in your head. It halted to a stop once you heard a deep, serene yet sinister voice that whispered inside your ears which sent an instant shrill of goosebumps that churned your stomach in many different directions.

"I will lend you my power

my successor."

Your eyes shot wide and trembled as you watched a mixture of black and crimson protective-like coat bubbled around the surface of your body. It felt like a surge of powerful energy that surrounded from the back of your neck and towards the front your face. Your heavy eyes instinctively shut itself as it couldn't bare the extremity of the suffocating feeling that spread throughout your flesh—leaving no room for sight.

You screamed on the inside as if you were suffocating to death. The same feeling when you were endlessly falling into an empty abyss replayed in the back of your mind. You've never felt so helpless and hopeless in your life. You wondered to yourself if this feeling would ever end. You thought that maybe if you did die in this world, you somewhat hoped you could go back to the world you were from.

As you continued to fall, you thought that it was impossible to experience anything worst. But you thought wrong. Right in the midst of it all, a bright beam of light shot straight at you from above like a beam of laser. You knew you were no longer back where you were at before, you were now in the middle of a dark, empty space with a random laser of white light shot towards you. With the little strength you had left, you lifted your arm and made an effort to touch the laser beamed light with your pointer finger. Soon enough, it turned into pieces of paper the flew all over the place the moment you laid your finger on it.

If things couldn't get any weirder, the beam of light that seemed to be aimed towards your downfall turned in a completely different direction in a ninety-degree angle which brought your body along to stand in the midst of black nothingness. Your body didn't move, it was more like your perspective changed.

Your vision were still a blur, mostly overwhelmed by the glory of the beaming light from the touch. Your repeatedly blinked your orbs to adjust your sight, slowly but surely, your trail of vision focused on the laser beamed light that led towards a rectangular object that formed at the very end.

Your legs instinctively started to move towards it, as if it had a mind of its own. The closer you came, the more you realized that it was a mirror that showed your own reflection. A bubble of memory resurfaced to realize that it was the same mirror you had back in your room when you entered the My Hero Academia world.

...No...don't tell me I'm going back...

You continued to gaze at your reflection, your finger instinctively made its way to touch the surface of your reflection. You jolted on the spot when a small crack formed on the mirror as if it was so fragile. As if you couldn't get anymore frightened, the same tall figure you saw earlier slowly crept behind the mirror. For some strange reason, you couldn't move an inch, you were simply frozen—as if you had no control of your own body in this place. His creepy, cold, and sinister voice spoke to you as if he was whispering inside of you.