21 || Last Breath Before Death

Footsteps thumped one after another on the wooden surface outside the cabin and the front door shot wide open. All of your teammates turned their eyes towards the front door and found a bubbly brunette entered in.

"Hey guys! Head outside! We prepared a ride for all of you! Head out now!" Uraraka instructed out loud.

Another female student with short purple hair and onyx orbs followed behind her. They glanced over to the students in the living room with exhaustion in their eyes—as if they had a long sprint.

The female beside her looked with a serious, determined expression stepped forward with her plug-like earphone jacks that perked up from both ears.

"Yeah, better get there soon before the villains come, Todoroki's ice quirk was able to hold them off so we can have the chance to bring you guys safe," she spoke in a calm, yet urgent manner.

The rest of your teammates glanced at each other for a moment in silence until their mouths broke out in a mixture of complaints, whines or groans.

"Agh! So all that we've been talking about was for nothing!!" Kaminari whined can flailing his arms back in disdain.

"Awe, I was looking forward to it too!!" Hagakure prodded.

"Ha, the plan wasn't that great anyways," Monoma murmured with his arms crossed in the corner.

"SHUT UP YOU IDIOTS!" Bakugou screeched, silenced the students altogether. "LET'S JUST LET THEM RESCUE US AND WE'LL GET THIS STUPID PROJECT OVER WITH!"

You blinked once towards the spiky, ash blonde in wonder. You knew he wasn't the kind to let anything that throws in his way to end in loss. You stepped forwards towards him and parted your lips to speak.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd let us lose, Bakugo, look who's the lazy one now?" You piped, with your brows raised.

He scoffed with a vein that popped to the corner. "YOU'RE THE LAZY ASS! Haven't you thought that when that invisible girl goes through the forest, her feet will freeze up due to that half n' half bastard's quirk?!"

You looked up at the ash blonde, his angry look remained the same, yet for some strange reason, you felt as if he was the only one in the room. You looked past his murderous look and inwardly drooled at his handsome features. From his ashen locks that swept to the side to his sharp jawline and muscular figure, it reminded all the more of what you felt for him.

You mentally slapped yourself for ever feeling that way for him, you acutely remembered your feelings for Keigo, yet, out of all students, you'd fall for him? You hated how your heart would beat hard for him, yet you inwardly liked it. You were conflicted in feelings because you feared where your feelings would take you.

...maybe this is just temporary feeling...like just a high school crush or something...I can't forget who I truly like...

You took in a momentary breath, realizing that a involuntary set of red would appear on your cheeks that more you stared at him. You clenched your fist to suppress it all inside.

I seriously need a distraction...

"Guess you're right," you shrugged, tried to display an unfazed look. "But wasn't that my idea from the very beginning? To basically let the heroes save us while we cooperatively stay still and wait..?"

The veins on his forehead throbbed harder as he scrunched his brows further. "THAT'S NOT THE POINT YOU LAZY ASS!"

You sighed with a half-shrug, mostly did it to try to suppress what you felt inside and played pretend. "Then what's the point of all the ideas you contributed? It would be sad to put all our ideas to waste."