3.

I woke up the next morning in Daniel's arms. He was already awake and smiling. "Good morning baby" he greeted with a grin. "Good morning handsome" I replied, I knew he loved when I called him that. We were cuddling, almost about to fall back asleep when the bell rang loudly from downstairs. "Ugh seriously, what's that for?" Daniel groaned, ducking his head underneath the pillow. "Breakfast call" I got out of bed and grabbed his ankles, yanking him close to me.

He screamed like a little girl. "So much for a big boy", I teased. He jumped up from the bed with a glare. "You shush, you could've almost killed me," he said dramatically. I clicked my tongue and grabbed his hand before taking him downstairs with me into the dining room. Mum was already dressed sitting in the head chair. "Good morning darlings, it's waffles for today" she greeted cheerfully. Daniel and I sat together, he tucked right in and made a mess of himself.

"Any plans for today?" She asked. "I'm taking Daniel into Central to show him around the hotspots" I replied. "Sounds lovely, I'll be at work but call me if you need me" she smiled. She said goodbye to us after breakfast and headed out of the house. Daniel and I got ready for the day before I ordered us a taxi up to Vauxhall. Then, we walked down towards the London eye. It was a hot sunny day, the streets were packed with tourists. I pulled my camera out so he could take some pictures. "Wow, you can see that massive clock from here!" He exclaimed. "That's Big Ben" I explained.

Next, I took him to Trafalgar Square. "No way! Riley look there's lions!!" He said excitedly before running over to the statues. "Take a picture! I look cool" he said before tossing the camera down to me. I snapped a few pictures of him and then he climbed down. "Your turn" he grinned. I climbed up carefully so Daniel could take a few shots of me. "Do you wanna see where the queen lives?" I smiled as I came back down. "Yes!" He replied. Daniel grabbed my hand and then we began walking towards Buckingham Palace. "Ugh, why is this road so long?" He complained, wiping the light sheen of sweat that glazed his face.

"You're asking the wrong person" I replied. When we finally arrived, Daniel ran up to the gates and stared at the palace in awe. "Can we meet her?" He asked me curiously. I didn't mean to be rude but I just had to laugh. "No no, that's not how it works," I said. He looked a little confused. "How does it work then?" He asked. I explained it to him on the way to get some lunch at McDonald's. "Oh well, people should be lining up to see the amazing karate kid" he smirked. "I'm your biggest fan" I grinned. We spent the rest of the day sightseeing before I ordered us another taxi back home.

"What a day" Daniel sighed tiredly as we walked through the front door. I went to reply when I heard my mother's voice followed by a male voice. We headed into the kitchen and I stopped immediately in my tracks when I saw who she was talking to. "Riley! Daniel! I'm so glad you're back" she greeted with a smile. I felt my heart racing, Daniel was looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Hello, Riley" Joseph smirked at me.

I didn't say anything back but gave a small wave. Awkward tension quickly filled the air, we all could feel it except for my oblivious mother. "What are you waiting for Riley? Come and give Joseph a kiss hello" she encouraged. 

I slowly approached him, he grabbed my hands and kissed both of them before lifting my chin up so I was forced to give him eye contact. "How are you doing honey?" He asked me, the cocky smirk was evident in his tone. "I'm fine. What are you doing here?" I replied. "Beautiful Ophelia here said I could come by any time I like" Joseph stated proudly. "Oh, you're such a sweetheart" she evidently adored Joseph.

"Can I talk to you? Outside. Now." I said to Joseph. He nodded and excused us, I looked over my shoulder quickly to see Daniel trying to hide his bitterness. Mum engaged in a conversation with him asking about our day out. We went into the garden and I hit his arm when we were out of sight. "Ow, what was that for?" He asked rubbing his sore spot. 

"Why haven't you called me? You promised you would check in with me when I moved to Reseda and I haven't heard anything" I crossed my arms. "I'm sorry doll, I've been busy. You know I haven't stopped thinking about you though" he replied. I tried to still act mad at him but I couldn't, Joseph always knew how to bring out a smile in me.

"Yeah well. I have a boyfriend now" I informed. "I've seen, he's cute. Where'd you find him, the gutter?" He laughed. "Don't be rude!" I replied. I already knew he wouldn't think much of Daniel, they were two completely different personalities. "How about you and I go down to the country club tomorrow to catch up? We haven't been there in ages and you know it's our favourite spot" he offered to me. 

I sighed but then nodded. "Fine, you know that's an offer I can't refuse but Daniel is coming too," I said firmly. Joseph simply smiled. "Sure, me and him can have some fun," he said. Something in his tone sounded off but I didn't think much of it. I looked up at the kitchen window, Daniel was staring at us angrily. This was about to get messy.