13.

Matchday

Daniel's pov:

I pulled my karate gi out of my suitcase, I knew it was a good idea to bring it just in case. I changed into my white kit, finishing the look by wrapping my bandana around my head. Staring into the mirror, I took a deep breath. Riley was fast asleep in bed, she looked so peaceful. I placed a gentle kiss on her lips, she stirred in her sleep and smiled a little. "Bye beautiful" I whispered to her before I left the house. 

I sped walked towards the country club. I felt a bit nervous but if I could beat Johnny, I could definitely take Joseph down too. When I arrived, the country club wasn't as packed as I thought it'd be. I made my way over to the outside area where the match was being held. Joseph was sitting down on a bench stretching. He lifted his head and smirked at me when he noticed my presence. "Well look who it is, Mr karate kid" he jeered. "You better be prepared for me to beat your ass" I settled my bag down. "We'll see about that LaRusso" Joseph scoffed. A few minutes later, the referee joined us. Joseph and I bowed to him before we bowed to each other.

"It's over for you" Joseph snarled. "No way pipe head" I snapped back. "Ready? Fight" the referee called out. Joseph and I got into our stances before the fight began. I managed to block and defend his leg attacks, I floored him fair and square. "First warning LaRusso!" The referee called out. "What! I didn't break any rules" I protested. Joseph jumped back up and smirked at me. 

I sighed, this was going to be harder than I thought.

---

Riley's pov:

I woke up to an empty bed. "Daniel?" I called out. There was no answer, and then I remembered him talking about the karate match with Joseph. I sighed and got ready for the day. Daniel's hoodie was resting over my desk chair. I picked it up and held it in my arms, I missed him. I sat on my bed and stared at the ground, his hoodie still in my hands. I was still hurt by him cheating on me but I couldn't deny it any longer. I loved him and no matter what I had to get him back. I grabbed my bag and headed straight out of the house. "Riley-" my mum called out, she wanted me to stay for breakfast. I ignored her and made my way over to the country club.

I looked around for Daniel but I couldn't find him. I went up to the front desk and tapped on the bell. "Excuse me, have you seen a boy with black hair and a white karate kit?" I asked frantically. The receptionist nodded and pointed to the back of the club. I thanked them and ran outside. Finally, I saw Daniel. He was getting beat up by Joseph badly as the referee watched on with no care in the world. I took a seat on the bench next to Daniel's bag and watched nervously.

"Get up" Joseph commanded him. Daniel slowly stood up and they got back into their stances before throwing kicks and punches at each other. Joseph struck Daniel right in the face, causing him to flop to the ground in pain. "One point Croxton" the referee called out. I crossed my arms, that wasn't right at all. "Daniel should've got the point!" I corrected him. The referee ignored my comment. "Continue" he shouted at the two boys.  "Stop!" I interrupted. The others turned to look at me as I ran over to Daniel, I cradled him in my arms. "R-Riley what are you doing here?" Daniel spluttered up the blood. His mouth was bleeding a bit and his breathing was heavy.

"I-I need to tell you something," I said. Daniel went to reply when Joseph grabbed me carefully and lifted me to my feet, letting Daniel fall out of my embrace. "Riley, take a seat. We're busy right now" he smiled. I shook my head and pulled away from him. "It can't wait" I objected. I helped Daniel up to his feet and wrapped my arms around him protectively. He looked at me with his baby browns, God he was so beautiful. "Daniel, I love you. I can't live without you and I'll be yours again if you promise to never cheat on me again" my voice quavered. 

Daniel's eyes widened, he couldn't believe what I was saying. He didn't waste any time and smashed his lips onto mine, kissing me passionately. We were suddenly torn apart by Joseph who was glaring at us. "What the hell are you doing Riley! He cheated" Joe snapped at me. "No I didn't" Daniel opposed. "Joseph, give us a moment please" I sighed. "Sure, then maybe after you're finished talking you can come and kiss me again" Joseph smirked. Daniel perked up and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked in confusion. "Didn't Riley tell you? She kissed me" Joseph replied proudly. Daniel's head snapped towards me, his eyes quickly turned dark. "You kissed him!" Daniel shouted. "Actually Joseph kissed me not the other way around!" I shouted back. There was tension between all three of us, the referee cleared his throat annoyed. "Are you fighting or not?" He asked. "Of course, go and sit down Riley" Daniel demanded me angrily. "But babe-" I went to say but Daniel cut me off. "Now!" He raised his voice. 

This day wasn't going to plan at all.