6.

Two days later

"Babe, have you seen my camo pants?" Daniel called out from the bedroom. I was in my en suite bathroom in the shower. Joseph was coming over for dinner and we had a bit of time to spare before his arrival. "In the wardrobe" I called back. I came out in just my towel when Daniel grinned at me. "You look great but I think you'd look better without the towel," he flirted shamelessly. 

"Oh really?" 

"Really."

I smirked and tossed the towel over his face before getting dressed. "Ugh you're so hot," he said and I giggled. "No you," I replied. I helped to fix Daniel's frizzy puffball of hair as he sat on the bed before we headed down shortly after to join the others.

Joseph was sitting in a chair close to mother. I sat down with Daniel opposite them. "Dinner looks amazing, you truly are a work of art Ophelia" Joseph complimented. "Thank you, darling, you're such a gentleman" she cherished. Daniel shifted about in his seat uncomfortably, I placed a kiss on his cheek to settle him down. "Hey Riley, do you remember when we won the best dressed couple at the school masquerade ball?" Joseph turned to me. "Yeah I remember" I replied, taking a sip of water. Daniel wrapped his arm around me protectively.

"Riley and I became a couple at our school dance" Daniel smirked. The phone rang and mum excused herself leaving us three at the table. "Riley and I won dancers of the year at the country club" Joseph shot back. "Oh yeah? Riley and I do karate together" Daniel rubbed in his face. It went on and on, it was like a competition for who's done the most with me. Eventually, the boys stopped bickering. "I see you enjoyed that cake Riley, I'll get you some more" Joseph offered with a smile. "I'll get her more cake instead since I'm the boyfriend" Daniel snapped.  "No! I'll get it myself it's fine" I insisted. I quickly stood up and left the dining room, leaving them alone.

Daniel's pov: 

"You've got a serious problem man!"

"I seriously don't understand what Riley sees in the low life American boy who thinks karate will save his ass" he mocked. "You better shut your mouth before I make you!" I threatened him. "I'm waiting karate kid" he egged on. I picked up Riley's glass of water and tossed it at him. Joseph lunged at me from across the table and we got into a huge fight. Punches were flying everywhere, he hit my eye a couple of times so I aimed for his nose.

"You are the worst person to ever grace the planet!" He insulted as we tussled on top of the table. The plates of food and drinks were being shattered about everywhere. Riley's jaw dropped open at the sight of us. "Stop it!" She screamed. She placed the cake down on the edge of the table and wedged herself in between, tearing us apart. "This is bullshit! Why do you two have to ruin such a lovely dinner!" She scolded. "He started it!" I protested. "Absolutely not, this man is absurd" Joseph cried out.

Ophelia came back into the dining and gasped. "What on earth is going on in here?!" She demanded, hands on her hips. I noticed Joseph was reaching out to hold Riley. "Oh no you don't!" I grabbed onto his collar and the scuffle started again. "Daniel stop-" Riley called out when suddenly one of us hit the plate of cake. It went flying into the wall. The plate smashed into pieces, the cake stained a large portrait painting that looked antique. "My painting!!" Ophelia shrieked at the top of her lungs before she fainted. "Mummy!" Riley screamed. She ran over and cradled her mother in her arms, she looked up at us with a rage I'd never seen before. This was not good at all.