6.

I enter the Cobra Kai dojo feeling all jittery. Mr Miyagi is the only sensei who's ever trained me so I don't know what to expect. I watch as Terry practises karate on the mat, he's actually really good. His movements are very precise and sharp, maybe I'll be okay. "Hey, Danny" he greets me when he notices. "Hey, thanks for this" I greet back. "It's nothing" he hands me a gi to get changed into.

When I come out of the changing room, I see that he's set up a few wooden dummies for me to practise on. "Wouldn't it be better to use that?" I ask curiously, pointing to the softer looking punching bag. "Mike Barnes is a powerful machine, if you wanna win you should take my advise" Terry replies calmly. I nod, he seems to know what he's talking about.

He teaches me a few counter moves first before I'm told to start on the dummies. "Kick right here, here and here" he points at each section "And remember, no mercy." I look at him nervously before I start to practise. The wood is hard against my skin, it hurts with every movement. "Harder, come on kiddo" he coaches.

I sigh and try again. The pain is evident as my foot attacks the wood, I hold back tears. Mr Miyagi would never put me through anything like this. When I think about him refusing to train me, it makes me angry. Without even realizing it, I eventually crack the wood. "Well done my boy. You didn't even think about it, you just did it!" I'm praised. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and force a smile.

"Can we take a break? My foot hurts" I pant. "No time for that, we have to prepare you for the match" Terry declines firmly. I sigh heavily. I want to stop but Terry is helping me after all, I guess I just have to do as he says.

---

Riley's pov

"Again" Mike shouts at me.

I kick the wooden board and it breaks with ease. "Good" he praises me. I bow to him, I can feel the other boys watching me from the bench. We've been training non-stop for days now, I'm starting to feel invincible."Test time Riley, I'm going to show you a picture and I want you to tell me who it is" Mike announces. "Yes sensei" I nod my head. 

He walks away and returns a few minutes later with a picture in his hand. "Do you recognise this man?" He asks me firmly. I stare at the picture, it's of a man with greyish hair standing next to a yellow car. I shake my head. "No sensei" I reply.

"Okay," Mike says and pulls out another photo. This time, it's of a boy with tanned skin who's wearing a bandana around his forehead. "Do you recognise this kid?" He asks me. I stare deeply, I feel like I've seen his face before. "I think so, is he another Cobra Kai member?" I answer. Mike looks at the others and they all laugh.

"No, he's the enemy. Don't forget that. What's the motto?" Mike replies.

"Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy" I recite.

Mike looks at me with a devilish smile.

"You got it."