7.

"What the HELL is going on!" Riley shouted at us rightly so. We were sitting on the couch in the living room, Ophelia was being taken away by paramedics for a check-over. Who knew a simple painting could cause that much stress to a woman? I shrugged, Joseph copied. "You almost just killed each other and then you made my mother faint!" I swallowed nervously, I had never seen Riley this wound up before. Joseph beat me to it before I could speak.

"He said that if I ever spoke to you again that he would knock me out" Joseph lied. "Liar! He's just trying to take you away from me, can't you see?" I protested. "Do you think because you won a karate competition you can just threaten innocent people?" Riley snapped. She stormed out of the room, I heard the sound of her bedroom door slamming. I gave Joseph my middle fingers before running upstairs. I entered the bedroom and found Riley standing on her balcony. "You can't seriously believe him over me, I'm your boyfriend!" I exclaimed.

"All you've done is cause trouble since we got here" she shouted. "Joseph is the one ruining everything, look at us!" I shouted back at her. I was filled with so much anger that I smashed a vase on her desk. "Daniel stop!" She suddenly burst into tears. I tried to walk towards her but she shrunk away, her back hitting the balcony railing. "Baby I'm sorry. Please don't be afraid of me" I stuttered. She wiped her tears away quickly and sighed. "I'm not scared, I just hate seeing you like this" her voice was soft. I pulled her close to me and placed my lips on hers, I didn't know what to say so I showed her instead.

When we drew apart breathless, I rested my head against hers. "Can we just have a day to ourselves, please? Just me and you" I pleaded. She looked into my eyes and smiled. "Of course," she replied. I grinned and kissed her cheek before she broke out of my embrace and left the room. Next, I just had to prove to her that he's the bad guy.

---

Riley's pov:

The next day Daniel began teaching me new karate moves in the garden. I made sure that Joseph knew I wanted to spend time with Daniel, I didn't know when I would see him next. "Lift your leg" Daniel instructed. I tried to copy his stance but I couldn't do it. He came up behind me and spun me around which made me giggle. "Let's take a break, you're getting better anyway," he said pecking my cheek with a kiss. I smiled and we cuddled on one of the sun loungers.

A little while later, the back door swung open and Joseph walked out. "Hey, I told you that Daniel and I want the day alone," I greeted. "I just wanted to let you know that there's a masquerade ball coming up this weekend at the country club. Your mother claimed us two tickets" he announced. "That's great," I said excitedly until I realized what he had said. "Wait, only two tickets? What about Daniel?" Joseph rubbed his neck before forcing a smile. "I mean this in the nicest way possible but...They don't allow commoners in" he replied.

I was about to argue when Daniel tugged on my arm. "It's fine baby," he said quietly. "No, it's not! I don't view my boyfriend as a commoner or anyone below me. If he's not going, I'm not going" I stated, folding my arms. I looked at Daniel who stared at me in awe, I could sense his gratefulness that I stuck up for him. Joseph took a deep breath. "You have to go, we're performing there" he revealed sharply. "Are you serious, that's in three days!" I complained. "It's fine dear, we'll be dancing to our old waltz routine. You already know the steps."

I sat down on the chair and snuggled up to Daniel again. "But I don't want to leave you" I pouted, gazing into his baby browns. He smiled at me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "I'll be fine here babe, you go do your performance" he urged. "How noble of you," Joseph scoffed but we ignored the comment.

"If that's okay with you then babe. I'll leave out some cash for you so that you can order yourself some food" I explained. "Sounds good to me, I'll be just chilling in your room waiting until you get back" Daniel wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Well, it shall be an interesting night" Joseph commented. "Damn right," Daniel replied with an even bigger smile. I just hoped he wasn't planning on doing something stupid.