16.

I watch as Riley is wheeled away down the hospital hall, I feel sick. The doctors won't let us see her just yet so we have to stay in the waiting room. "If she dies...I don't know what I'll do" I say almost choking on my tears. "Don't say that man, she'll be okay" Johnny tries to comfort me. "Breathe Daniel-San" Mr Miyagi tries to me comfort too. 

After what feels like hours we're finally allowed in. We head into her private room and I run over to the bed, holding her cold hand. She's connected to a ventilator, her heart machine beeps steadily. I've never seen her in a condition like this, it's unsettling. "Will my girlfriend be okay?" I ask the doctor desperately. 

"I'm afraid she's in a coma. Her movements and reflexes are unresponsive. I observed her breathing patterns to help diagnose the patient, I've also noticed she's lost a lot of blood due to trauma on her head, she might possibly need a blood transfusion" he explains. 

"When will she wake up?" Johnny pipes up curiously. "It depends varying on the coma patient. Some take days, weeks or months. The occasional patient never wakes up" the doctor answers. I feel the tears rushing down my cheeks. I won but lost at the same time. After a long talk, the doctor eventually leaves to give us some privacy. I stroke the back of her soft hand, staring at my poor baby on the bed.

"Please Riley, wake up. I don't know what I'll do without you" I whisper to her. I'm not sure if she can hear me or not but I have to try, I need her with me. "What am I supposed to tell her dad?!" I panic, this is all just a huge mess. "You could just act like you don't know what happened" Johnny suggests.

"I feel bad for lying. Ma raised me better than this" I sigh as Mr Miyagi pats my shoulder. "Miyagi do talking" he offers and I nod in response. "Daniel? I actually have to get going now" Johnny says standing up from his chair as he looks at the clock. I nod a little.

"Thank you," I say to him in a quiet voice. He flashes a small smile before leaving and It didn't take long for Mr Miyagi to fall asleep in the chair, I let him rest after a long night. I don't leave Riley's side, still holding her small hand in mine. I brush some hair out of her face and stroke what I can reach around the mask.

"Come home to me baby, please" I plead.

I wish harder than ever that her eyes will open and this nightmare will be over.

But it doesn't and I'm left wondering if I'll ever see her again.