11.

Daniel's pov:

Lost. 

I was heartbroken, the one person I thought I could never lose was gone. I regretted ever coming over to England, but then I couldn't stand the thought of Riley being alone with that jerk. It was all his fault, he stole my girlfriend from me. Although I was hurt, no way would I ever let him keep her. I didn't know how but I knew deep down I'd prove my innocence. He framed me as payback, it was obvious. I was unsure how he pulled it off and I knew it'd be a challenge to get him back but it was a challenge worth taking.

Riley had gone out for the day alone. I laid in her bed cuddling her hoodie, it smelled like her and made me miss her more. She was hurt, I knew she was. The thought of Joseph ruining my relationship made me the angriest I'd ever been. I wanted to go down to his house and set him straight but I also didn't want to make anything worse, I'd have to be smart about it. As I stared at the ceiling with tears in my eyes, it hit me. The same way I'd settle anything back in Reseda is how I'd do it in London too.

A karate match.

Riley's pov:

"I'm so sorry Riley" Marcia sounded compassionate. "I just don't know what to do, we have 2 weeks left here and this has just spoiled everything" I cried down the phone. I was at the country club, Marcia was the first person I called when I got here. "I understand. It seems so unlike Daniel, a part of me doesn't believe it" she replied. "I know me too, I don't want to believe it but the pictures Marcia...You can't make that up" I sniffled. "Honestly Riley, you are the strongest girl I know. You're brave, honest and so so beautiful" she comforted. I smiled to myself and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

"Thank you, I love you" I said tearfully. "I love you too! Call me if you need anything and I mean it" she replied. We spoke for another half an hour until we parted ways. I headed over to the mini-golf course and began playing a solo game. I was so focused I didn't notice Joseph approaching me. "Mind if I join you, darling?" His voice made me jump. I shrugged in response and he grabbed a golf club, participating in the game. When it ended, Joseph pulled me in for a tight hug. I rested my head on his chest, it felt just like old times.

"You deserve better Riley, you don't need that blasted karate kid in your life" Joseph said, he sounded like he was trying not to smirk but I brushed it off. "Let's not talk about it, it's hard enough" I took a deep breath. "I want to see you happy" he reassured. "Thanks Joe" I mumbled into his chest. After a moment, I lifted my head and we looked at each other, our eyes locked. All my memories of Joseph and I when we were younger came rushing back. I felt vulnerable in his embrace. I noticed he started leaning in, our faces were inches apart. He pressed his lips on mine and kissed me but after a moment I sharply pulled away. It didn't feel right.

"I-i, I'm sorry. I can't" I pulled away and held back my tears. He wasn't Daniel, even though we had broken up I didn't want anybody else. I loved Daniel, even though he betrayed me. "I have to go, I'll see you later," I said quickly. I harshly wiped my eyes and ran off, I didn't care where I was going but I had to leave.

Joseph's pov:

I watched Riley leave. I wanted her to stay so badly but at least I got a kiss from her. I smirked to myself as I walked home, I knew soon I'd wrap her around my finger. She was weak, exposed. All I'd have to do is sweet-talk her and she'd come crawling back to me on my knees. "I'm home" I called out as I shut the door. "There's a letter in your room for you" my mother called back out. I walked upstairs to my room and found it on my desk. I opened it up and read carefully:

I know you framed me. Guess what Joseph? It's not over...Not even close. If you really wanna settle this, we'll do it the proper way. A karate match, at the country club. Just you, me and the referee. If I win, you have to tell Riley the truth and then you are NEVER allowed to come near me and my girlfriend again. If you win, I'll fly to back to Reseda and you'll never hear from me.

You have one week to prepare. Just know I won't give up without a fight - the karate kid

I smiled to myself. This gentleman drove a hard bargain but I liked it. A karate match to win Riley for good? It was perfect. I knew I'd win, I'm Joseph Croxton. I ALWAYS get what I want, no one gets in my way. Even if I had to cheat...I'd get my way.