4.

Daniel's pov:

It's been almost a week since Riley was taken. Each day that goes by I feel even more fearful. It was hard to convince our friends and Riley's father that she suddenly went on a trip but they didn't question it too much. Whilst doing my daily shift at the shop for Mr Miyagi, I'm quickly cornered by Mike. "Dude go away! I'm not signing the damn contract" I groan.

This crazy kid has been on my case just because he wants my title but I don't want to fight. I know I'd win because I'm the karate kid but besides the point, I still don't wanna fight. Especially with Riley being taken, it's too much to handle. "C'mon LaRusso, don't be a pussy" he sneers. I fix my jacket and glare at him. "I ain't no pussy, I actually have my own life to live now" I scold him. What is his problem?

"You don't have a choice. Sign the contract and then we can get on with our pretty little lives" he snaps at me. "No," I say bluntly and shove past him. In retaliation, he trips me up and holds me against the floor. "Get off me you psycho!" I shout and try to wriggle out but he tightens his grip. "Not until you sign it" he laughs. "No man I said I'm not doing it" I cry out.

It's getting hard to breathe until Mike is suddenly ripped off from me. "Miyagi says you need to leave shop" I hear Miyagi say. "Get outta here you old hag" Mike insults. They get into a quick fight, Mr Miyagi without a doubt wins. "I'll be back soon" Mike grumbles before he storms out of the shop defeated. "You okay Daniel-San?" Miyagi asks me curiously. "Yeah I'm fine, he's just a douchebag" I sigh.

Miyagi tends to the front of the shop whilst I start to carefully trim the Bonsai trees. I'm fine at first but then I think about Riley and tears slip down my cheeks. I miss her more than anything, I can't help but blame myself for that night. I should've never left her alone, what type of boyfriend does that make me? I'm so lost in my thoughts I don't even realise I'm cutting too much off.

"God damn it!" I shout and throw the scissors down. Miyagi walks over to me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder. "Breathe Daniel-San. When you lose focus in life, breathe" he encourages. "Well, it's kinda hard to sit back and breathe when everything in my life is going downhill" I reply moodily. "All will be okay" he replies calmly.

I look at him with a small smile, sometimes I wish I could be that zen-like him even when everything is going wrong. I know deep down I have to keep myself for Riley but it's getting hard. I take a deep breath and gaze out of the window.

Where are you, Riley?