WHERE IS HE!

Seven unbelievable days. Sunshine and hot weather, cool, crystal-clear water, and a nice breeze that came off the ocean and ruffled the thick waxy leaves so that they waved and flapped gently.

Remus Lupin had never felt so relaxed and refreshed in all of his life. He lay on a hammock in the midst of the foliage, breathing in the scent of hyacinth, citrus, and salt. Sirius was beside him, curled against him, asleep. Remus was using Sirius's arm, which was flung across his chest, to prop up the thick book he was reading - a history of the Grindylow, including the discovery of it, and advanced protective actions that could be used to defend oneself in an attack from one. The book was one of a series that Newt Scamander had given him as a wedding gift, a full set of encyclopedias that included defensive magical skills to be used against a wide variety of creatures and non-human sources ranging from the Grindylows to giants, augueries to zabettis.

Sirius stretched suddenly, sending the book tumbling over the side of the hammock so that it landed in the beach sand below with a thump. He rolled his head up to look at Remus and smiled, "Moons," he murmured. "Hi."

"Hey," Remus replied. He smiled, "How was your nap?"

"I dreamed of a talking orange," Sirius replied. "It was like a magic eight ball except it had a very sour disposition." He yawned as he was talking, clearly still half asleep, and curled even closer to Remus.

"Interesting," said Remus.

"I thought so."

"Hey," Remus nudged Sirius as he started to look like he was about to go back to sleep, "Today's our last day here, what do you want to do? I'm betting it isn't 'nap the entire day away'?"

"It isn't, you're right," Sirius replied. He sat up so that he was straddling Remus's stomach, one knee on either side of him, staring down at him, his hands splayed across Remus's chest. He smiled and bent over him, long hair curtaining around their faces. "I should like to do a great many things today, rather. Beginning with you."

Remus smiled, "In a hammock? Bit awkward, don't you think?"

"Weirder places have been conquered," Sirius replied.

"I'm still picking sand out of unmentionable places thanks to that last one," Remus murmured, shifting uncomfortably as though just the thought of sand stuck in certain crevices was haunting him.

Sirius smirked. "But that was rather fun."

"Until the tide came in and nearly washed us away..."

"That was part of the adventure," Sirius replied. "I could've lived without the bloody mosquito nips on my arse, though, I'll tell you what."

Remus replied, "You'd think you would be used to itchy bug bites, given your experience with fleas."

"Ugh those things are bloody murder," Sirius groaned.

Remus laughed and reached up and scratched Sirius's back with his fingernails, making Sirius's back arch deeply as he reacted. "Ohhhhh Moooooony."

"Really? In the hammock?" Marlene McKinnon appeared suddenly, coming through the foliage, huge sunglasses on her face, and a giant sun hat. She wore a tiny white bikini and a towel with big blue flowers on it was tied about her waist. Behind her came Emmaline Vance, wearing a pair of boys swimming shorts and a black bikini top over them. Emmaline was carrying two folded beach chairs and a towel was flung over her shoulder as well. "You boys have no shame."

"Fuck off McKinnon, we're busy," announced Sirius.

"We can see that you're busy," teased Emmaline.