XXXI

"As he came into the window

Was a sound of a crescendo

He came into her apartment

He left the bloodstains on the carpet"

-Smooth criminal, Michael Jackson

̴ A report ̴

I was waiting sooooo long for this chapter. I'm thrilled.

̴ End of the report ̴

Chapter XXXI

Corey's POV

All was going downhill, everything just didn't happen without a reason. Everything had a why and a how. In this moment I couldn't blame the little blond we have stumbled upon on. We had given her hope, an opportunity. What did we do? We crushed it, we stomped all over the pieces, and we didn't even bothered giving it back to her. Still, I knew if we just glanced back, we would see her there. Waiting for us, and that was wrong on so many levels even Kota couldn't count them.

I was in my room, trying in vain to end some minor mission that I was requested to. I couldn't focus my mind. It kept wondering to the petit green eyed. I haven't spend a lot of time with her. But she was something else, I knew it. And my heart was squeezed at the possibility of not knowing her ever.

I sighed and massaged my temple. The situation between us was a little more passed tense. A lot of things were said, and I felt like our team wouldn't make it pass this mission. It was going to dissolve. I knew who I was going to be teamed up with if the Academy did dissolve us. Victor, Kota, Mr. Blackbourne and Axel. We had similar abilities and were compatible in the eyes of the organization. North, Brandon, Raven, Nathan and Silas. Finally, Gabe, Luke, Marc and Sean because of their personalities. This was a mess, I wasn't going to be neither with my boyfriend nor my blood brother. I had to do something.

I heard a noise outside, I wondered who it was. In this level were four apart from me. I shared level with Raven, Nathan, Victor and Kota. Raven was too angry, had gone to the range to blow up some energy. Brandon was at his shop. Kota was at another mission and Victor said something about going to fix things, with who? That was the question.

We were at the level before the last. Upstairs was the one that Axel, Sean, Owen and Marc shared. Downstairs were North, Silas, Luke, Gabriel and Brandon. We were thinking in changing Marc for Gabriel so that those two couldn't cause mischief. Gabriel painted his room and it was left like that.

I knew that almost no one was left in the house. North was taking cars apart in the garage, the spare ones at least. Sean was at the hospital, probably will talk to D.Phil. Axel had to fix somethings in his aquarium. Luke had gone to Uncle's dinner to help, most likely to talk to him too. Gabriel said nothing, just went away. Silas was in his room, downstairs. He never came up. Owen too just left; we never ask where he was going. Marc had gone to a mission. Nathan was in the gymnasium, blowing up some energy like Raven.

I heard it again, I took out my cellphone just in case. But I thought it over. After all, would they come? After what has been going on, would they think I was worth it? And that was my problem, thinking too much. When I didn't expected it, I was stung in the back. I tried to reach it, but I couldn't, my movements were getting clumsy and I could feel my strength getting away, finally I reached it and looked at it confused. It was a dart. But how? I turned around and felt on my knees. Oh, that's how. The window was open, why was it opened? I felt myself falling to my side, a pair of hands received me and helped me so I didn't hit my head. As I was giving into the blackness, all I could wish is that Silas had heard me falling.