SCENE ONE

JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER: https://discord.gg/WAjkuzeMmK (also posted on my profile)

Evangaline was out her carriage before it even stopped moving, earning many shouts from the footmen behind her. 

"Duchess!" They exclaimed, trying to get a hold of her. 

"Oh pish, posh, Michael! This is not France!" she called back as she raced inside the March household. 

"MARMEE! AMY!" she called but didn't get a response. Seeing it as odd, she called for Meg, Beth, and even Jo. "BETHY?" 

"Eva, is that you, dear?" someone asked, poking their head out of a doorway. 

The young duchess turned her head to see Hannah. "OH Hannah! It is so good to see you! I would stay longer but would you perhaps-"

Hannah waved her off, smiling at the bubbly personality underneath all of the aristocratic haughty-ness and manners. "At the Laurence's house, dear. They're our neighbors," she responded, drying her hands. 

Evangaline tilted her head. "The white house across the street?" she asked with her slight French accent. 

"Yes, yes. 'Bout a 2 minute walk, something you can do easily if you set your mind to it," Hannah teased. 

Evangaline rolled her eyes. "Just because I ride carriages does not mean I cannot walk, Hannah. But I must go and see them. I will see you later!" she said, already jogging out of the house with her satin gown in her hands as she rushed to see her favourite people in the world. 

The moment she knocked on the white door, a servant opened it, asking who she was. 

"Not to be rude, miss, but who are you?" the servant girl asked, brushing her hair out of her face. 

Evangaline laughed. "Don't worry, it wasn't rude. I'm Evangaline. I heard the Marches were here...?" she trailed off. 

The servant girl smiled. "Of course, of course. Come on in," she said softly, ushering Eva in. 

They walked down a long hallways, finally ending up in the most simple, cozy, and beautiful study room Eva had ever seen. And she was a duchess. 

"Good God, who lives here?" Evangaline exclaimed, twirling around the room, attracting the eyes of everyone in it. 

"EVA!"
"EVANGALINE!"
"YOU CAME!"
"GOSH!" 

All four March sisters' eyes lit up with joy as they tackled Evangaline in a big hug, earning a very un-lady-like grunt from the said person. 

"I missed you too," Eva said, her voice muffled by the arms of her-basically-family. "Marmee!" Eva smiled as she kissed Marmee's cheeks, hugging her mother-figure as well. 

"Oh, the girls were putting up a fuss about how you wouldn't come," Marmee laughed, making Eva grin. 

"I wouldn't miss Winter with the Marches for the world...oh dear! Where are my manners, I'm so sorry. My name is-"

The rather handsome boy and someone who looked like his grandfather gaped at Evangaline, not believing that a French duchess was in their house.

"Evanagline Beauxbateaons," the boy breathed, reaching over to kiss the back of her hand, flowing down to a bow. 

Amy giggled, as did Beth and Meg while Jo only rolled her eyes. 

"Do I...do I know you?" Eva asked, pulling off her silk gloves and placing them in her purse as she dusted her dress. 

"He came to your famous social balls, m'lady," Mr Laurence replied, nudging a person who looked like a tutor to bow slightly. 

Eva looked between the three people before frowning. "Please don't bow, I am much younger than you and until I have gained what I have accomplished, I wish for people to not bow to me. And also, call me Eva. Much better than 'm'lady,' or 'duchess Beauxbateaons.'" she said, smiling at the men. 

The boy gave her a smile. "Of course, Eva. And you may call me Laurie," he said, putting down his book. 

Eva nodded. "Now, why are we all here?" she asked, looking around. 

"Well-"

"Amy-"

"Mr Davis-"

"I-"

"She-"

Eva's eyes landed on Amy's hand. "Are you quite alright?" she asked, taking her hand and inspecting it. "Did someone hit you?" 

"Oh yes, her teacher-" Meg was swiftly cut off by Amy. 

Amy's lips turned into a pout as she looked at Eva. "Oh, he is a wicked person, Eva! He hit me while I did nothing but draw!" Amy wailed, making Jo and Laurie snort at her theatrics. 

Eva frowned, looking up at Marmee. "She is going to have to stop her schooling there, right? I mean, you can't possibly let her keep going, Marmee," Eva said, playing with a ring on her finger. 

"Of course, not. She'll be pulled out right away and it is decided that Jo will teach her," Marmee responded. 

Amy groaned. "I wish all the girls would leave his horrible school and that he would die!" she exclaimed which made Eva laugh out loud and Jo and Meg roll their eyes. 

Marmee just sighed. "You did wrong, Amy, and there will be consequences," she warned, pulling her girls out of the room. She turned to Laurie before she went out, an apologetic look on her face. "Thank you so much for taking care of Amy. My girls do have a way of getting into mischief," Marmee sighed. 

Laurie just smiled. "So do I."

Marmee laughed. "Then you should run over and we'll take care of you."

Laurie just laughed as the Marches and Eva walked out. 

"And please! Come here whenever you like!" he called. 

"We will keep that in mind!" Eva called back, not even noticing that she had left her purse with her gloves on the table of Laurie's study room. 

"Isn't Laurie just handsome?" Amy sighed as they walked back to the March house. 

Eva didn't reply but she could agree on one thing. He was much more handsome than any duke or sons of dukes she had ever met. 

-Back in the Laurence house-

Laurie stared at the table where a beautiful fur purse was lying, a clear sign of money for the owner. 

Mr Laurence broke the silence. "Back to work now, back to work," he said before he left, patting Laurie's shoulder. 

"...she left her purse," Laurie murmured, delicately taking the expensive-looking purse and settling it on the sofa. 

Mr Brooke looked at Laurie. "She was a duchess? Of France?" he asked in bewilderment. 

Laurie nodded. "The 'French Beauty' they call her. One of the richest out of few," he murmured, setting his chin on his palm. 

Mr Brooke sighed. "Meg was prettier though, do you not think so?"

Laurie hummed. "I believe I will have to disagree on that, Mr Brookes. Her duchess was simply magnificent. Just like when she was in France," he added, looking out the window where 6 people were walking back down an icy road, one of them sporting a obvious satin gown but blending in seamlessly.

But for some reason, his eyes still led to the one person who wasn't girly like the rest. 

Oh my godddd. So here's the first chapter! Hope you like and for people who hate on Timothee because he supposedly had sex with a racist woman, please, mind your own business. It's his choice who he wants to date/hang out/(maybe) hook up with and it most definately doesn't concern you in any way, shape, or form so if you want to hate, you can just go log out of the story. I don't deal with that shit.

-Dominique Malfoy.