SCENE SEVEN

Eva had on her best spring dress, delicately stepping out of her carriage the same time Laurie and his guests did. 

Eva immediately smiled, giving her bonnet to Michael and running off. "Laurie!" she yelled, crashing into him for a hug, not even realising someone else was there. 

Laurie grinned, hugging her back. "Eva! Where have you been?" 

Eva laughed carelessly, tossing back her head of golden curls. "Oh, wandering around Paris," she said, waving her arm. "But you have yet to introduced me to your guests, Theodore!" 

Laurie nodded, leading them over to where the March sisters and Mr Brooke was. 

"This is Fred Vaughn," Laurie explained, earning the attention of the sisters who waved at Eva. "And his sister Kate."

Laurie swept his hand over the Marches. "And this is Meg, Amy, Beth, and Jo. Of course, next to me is Duchess Be-OW!" 

Eva slapped his arm. "Oh, do be quiet, Theodore. I am Eva. Just Eva. Forget duchess." 

Everyone laughed, Fred and Kate waving at her. 

"Pleased to meet you," Fred said with a British accent.

Amy practically swooned, .aking Eva giggle. "Oh how elegant!"

Amy suddenly turned serious, looking at Fred. "Remember the name Amy March. I'm going to come find you in london one day."

"Oh I certainly will," Fred answered smiling a little.

♡    -   ♡

As everybody settled to something on the beach, Eva sat down and took out her embroidery-something she had been selling to rich ladies the past month. Needless to say, it was selling well.

But she kept turning to look at Meg and Mr Brooke who were shamelessly flirting with each other, scrunching her nose in slight disgust.

"I know something you don't," Laurie suddenly whispered in her ear.

Eva turned and looked at him. "Oh do tell me!"

"Has Meg perhaps misplaced a glove?" He asked.

Eva blinked before thinking. "Well
...I believe so. Why?"

Laurie just grinned devilishly.

Eva's eyes popped. "Oh my lord, Mr Brooke has it! How do you know?"

Laurie shrugged. "I saw it."

"Well then, where was it?"

"Pocket."

"After all this time?"

"Yes, isn't it romantic?" Laurie asked, slightly glancing at Eva who felt the flutter in her chest again.

"Yes, it is to an extent. By now, I call it creepy," she responded, returning back to her embroidery.

"Oh. Any suitors?" Laurie asked. Eva could find a hint of jealousy in his words, although she knew no reason for him to be.

Eva nodded. "All men higher of rank than me, all worthless of my time. I sent them away," she responded, waving Amy over.

"Dukes, I presume? Hello, Amy."

Eva smiled at Amy as she gave her her embroidery to look at. "Sons of Dukes, you mean."

Laurie looked at her confused. "But wouldn't that make you higher than them?"

Eva scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh how ignorance decieves you so, Theodore. I may be a duchess but I cannot buy heaps of anything without a husband's permission. I may be respected but I will never be able to climb a social ladder-thank you, Amy. And yes, this is for him."

Amy grinned. "I hope he likes it, Eva."

"I hope so too."

"Who is he?" Laurie asked, trying to take a look at the embroidery.

Eva looked at the older boy. "Oh someone."

Sorry. This was a slight filler chapter.