SCENE TWO

BTW, that's where Eva lives in Concord. I know, it's beautiful.

Eva's POV

Laurie and I snuck into the Marchs' attic, hiding behind a rack of clothes just like Jo had asked us to do, both of us wearing a pair of men's clothes. 

"Won't you get in trouble for this, Eva?" Laurie suddenly whispered. 

I let out a snort. "I'll repeat what I said to my footmen. Oh pish posh, Laurie. I'm not in France," I whispered with an accent, making Laurie laugh. 

"...I propose Mr Theodore Laurence and Eva Beaux!" Jo stated with a "male" voice, making me snicker. 

"No!" Meg exclaimed. 

"Absolutely not!" Amy stated. I could practically hear her crossing her arms. 

Jo groaned. "Come now, let's have them!" 

"Laurie's a real boy and Eva, well, she's a duchess!" Amy squealed. 

"Not this again," I muttered under my breath. 

"I'm guessing Amy does this a lot?" Laurie asked, amusement dancing in his eyes. 

I sighed. "I love her and all, but sometimes, well, you know."

"...No time like the present!" Jo yelled. 

She thew opened the doors of the closet, me and Laurie tumbling out, already dressed for the occasion. 

The girls screamed in surprise. 

"You traitor!" Amy screamed as I jumped on her. 

"You rogue!" Meg exclaimed, pointing at Jo. 

"Ladies, please," I said, holding up my hand and flicking my braided hair to the side. "This was my-"

"Our stratagem. I-" Laurie cut me off. 

"We deserve the blame," I cut him off cleanly. "Jo only gave in after lots and lots of teasing."

Laurie and i both bowed deeply. 

"Hear, Hear!" Jo cheered. 

Laurie then stepped forward. "I merely wish to say, that as a slight token of my gratitude and as a means of promoting friendly relations between adjoining nations, I propose this set of keys for a little post office I've made in the forest by the pond," he said, glancing quickly towards Jo. 

"Allow me to present five copies of the key, and with many thanks for your favour, take my seat as part of the club!" Laurie handed everyone a key with different colour ribbons on it, me getting a silver one. 

"Your favourite colour, madam," he said as he bowed to me. 

My eyes narrowed in humour. "How, sir, did you know silver was my favourite colour?" I asked, taking a seat on one of the chairs. 

Laurie gave me a wink. "I have my ways, madam."

I sighed happily.
I was starting to like this older handsome, nice, sweet, caring boy.