| thirty one

SPENCER REID

SPENCER REID.
(sexual content, panic attack)

     SYLVIA CONNELLY WAS GOING
to be the end of me. I couldn't remember the last time I'd felt this stressed out over some girl who was just absolutely nuts in the head. It was like elementary school all over again, playing tag with your crush who pretended they hated you just because they liked you. Sylvia would run off and then come back once she realized that I wasn't going to chase her anymore.

It was beyond frustrating.

Seriously, what was wrong with her? Why did she keep playing these little mind games, pushing me away and then trying to reel me back in—what the hell did she want? Did she want me to love her or to just fuck her? Did she even want me in the first place, or was she just using me to pass time?

That date had been so perfect, and the fact that it all came crashing down so quickly, just made me feel miserable. I felt like i couldn't do anything right with her. I tried everything to make sure we wouldn't fight—I did everything to make it all perfect for her, so that she wouldn't get mad at me for anything. But of course, it wasn't me that let her down, it was her that let me down. And honesty, I just couldn't understand how that was possible at this point, considering the fact that I was seriously head over my fucking toes for her.

I kept thinking over and over again that I was finally getting somewhere with Sylvia, that she was actually started to be more interested in me. But no, she'd only gone on that date with me because she thought we'd hookup. I didn't want that, I'd told her numerous times that I didn't—and yet, she just couldn't seem to get that in her goddamn brain. Why? Was it because of me or was it because of her?

That was what I planned on asking her as we made our way into an empty file room. I couldn't wait any longer to resolve this beef between us already, and I sure as hell wasn't going to take her home just so that we could play fight. If anyone heard us, so be it—I knew that when we fought, we fought very loud.

Sylvia stepped inside first, crossing her arms and turning to me with a malicious look. Even now, she was pretending like I was the one ruining things between us.

"Sylvia, what is wrong with you?" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth as I loudly shut the door behind me, fumbling for the lock. My heart pounded as I looked out the blinds, watching the very few people left inside the bullpen area begin to leave. Good. I didn't need to hold back.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Sylvia scoffed. I turned around and crossed my arms to mirror her posture, feeling a burst of anger going through me.

"No. You shouldn't, because you know why I'm fucking pissed. But if you don't, I'll remind you: I'm pissed because you lied to me last night—you said you wanted to go on another date with me, that you enjoyed it, when in reality all you wanted was to fuck me and never talk to me ever again!" I yelled in her face, watching the woman recoil before fighting back with equal force.