| forty four

SYLVIA CONNELLY

SYLVIA CONNELLY.
(sexual content)

WORDS COULD NOT EXPLAIN
how good it felt to kiss Spencer again. I swore I'd been thinking about it nonstop for this entire date—he had a habit of licking and biting his lips and it drove me insane. And now that he was here, finally kissing me again after two weeks, I never wanted him to stop. His lips were so soft and he tasted like peppermint, which didn't surprise me because he ate a mint after every meal. He was just...so perfect. Perfect, handsome, and mine.

His hands caressed both sides of my face, thumbs stroking my cheekbones and eyebrows as I deepened the kiss, craving more. I greedily pulled and twisted his hair, which made the deepest, most growl-y sound come from his throat. Spencer's hands slid down to my waist to hold me closer and his tongue pushed passed my lips, meeting mine. I whimpered softly, my lips aching from the passionate kissing but I didn't dare pull away from him.

Instead, I let my hands linger between our bodies and to his chest, feeling his neck and sliding my hand into his shirt. Spencer groaned softly as I felt his smooth chest before I set my palm against his heart, feeling it beating fast. I smiled softly, even more butterflies invading my stomach.

We made out like teenagers for a little longer before I felt droplets of rain land on my back. I reluctantly peeled my lips off of Spencer's with a pop, beaming at him. Spencer's lips stretched into a smile as well, his hand rubbing my back softly.

"It's raining." I whispered, shuddering from the cold.

"We should get back. It's cold." Spencer said. I rolled my eyes, getting off of him with a grunt.

"I have a better a idea." I said, "let's play tag in the rain."

"What are you, a child—"

"Tag, you're it!" I said, scrambling out from under the blanket and running off. I heard Spencer groan from the distance, slowly sitting up and glaring at me.

"No! You're gonna catch a cold!" Spencer exclaimed to me.

"Then come get me since you care so much!" I shot back, waving my arms at him.

"Seriously?!" He asked, "I'm not chasing you!"

"Fine. Bye then!" I yelled back, running off knowing he was going to chase me. I heard him groan loudly again, then loud footsteps as he took off. I grinned and turned back, running in another direction.

"You're gonna get it!" Spencer called out, chasing after me. I laughed, the raindrops hitting my skin and soaking my hair.

"Is that all you got, Spence?!" I asked him.

Spencer heaved and panted, resting his hands against his knees. "Yes, it's all I got!" He exclaimed, catching his breath before taking off again. I circled around the car, seeing him on the opposite side of it as me.