| thirty seven

SYLVIA CONNELLY

SYLVIA CONNELLY.

       I WOKE UP PRACTICALLY
sprawled on top of Spencer. We were still on the couch, except somehow during my nap I rolled on top of him—I don't think he minded though, because he was still scratching my head and running his hand up and down my back. I smiled with delight at the feeling—I hadn't been touched like this in a long time. I was deprived of all that mushy-gushy stuff that Spencer liked to do with me.

I slowly lifted my head, hoping to catch a glimpse of the man without him knowing. My lips curved into bigger smile when I saw him laying there. Spencer was ethereal. Like an angel sent from heaven—no, scratch that, he looked like a god. His hair was messy but in the best way ever, face a bit flushed and eyes bright and golden. Spencer was just...so pretty.

When his eyes went down to mine, I shyly looked away, not exactly sure why I felt so embarrassed for getting caught staring. Spencer let out a low chuckle, flicking my forehead with his pointer finger.

"I wasn't staring." I said, my face growing hot.

"Yes you were." He teased, gazing down at my face with a smile.

"Because you're handsome." I shot back, rolling my eyes. I put my arm around his torso, nuzzling even closer "You smell like sweat." I grumbled against his shirt, sighing with a smile.

"Because you've been on top of me for the past hour and it's hot," Spencer complained, running a hand through his hair.

"I know I'm hot, you don't have to tell me."

"Shut up." Spencer sassed. "You're not gonna get off, are you?"

"No." I laughed, "even if you smell like man."

"That is the worst thing you can say to me."

"Why? Want me to tell you that you smell like fresh roses and cookies?" I asked him.

"As long as those are more hygienic."

"Well you don't, you sweaty monster."

"I am not." Spencer said with offense, "I don't know why I like you. You're so mean to me." He whined, cradling my head and pressing kisses onto the top of my head.

"I don't know why I like you either, you stinky specimen."

"You should at least shower with me if you're gonna call me names." Spencer deadpanned, wearing a smirk.

My eyes widened, heat rushing up to my face. "A-are you serious?" I asked him, slightly hopeful.

"I don't know..." Spencer cooed, peering down at my face with a smug expression. "Am I?"

"You're a dick." I mumbled, hiding my face in his chest. I groaned when I felt him grab handfuls of my hair, pulling me back to his level.