| thirty six

SPENCER REID

SPENCER REID.

"HEY! I SAID PUT ME DOWN NOT
throw me!" Sylvia shrieked, stumbling onto her feet as I let her down.

"Sorry babygirl." I cooed, cupping her cheeks and squishing them together. Sylvia glared at me and scrunched her face up in disgust.

"Please never call me that again." She deadpanned.

"What? Babygirl?" I asked her with a small frown. "Why can't we have cute nicknames like Derek and Penelope? You can call me white chocolate or something—"

"You want me to call you white chocolate?" Sylvia asked, throwing her head back and laughing.

"Fine. It's kinda gross." I rolled my eyes, thinking. "How about...sexy tall guy?"

"Ugh, my sexy tall guy, you're looking extra delicious today." Sylvia said sarcastically, making a laugh left my lips.

"Thank you, princess." I cooed, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and leaning my head against hers. I was joking around but Sylvia's face looked all too pleased about the nickname. "You like that, don't you?" I teased, making her smile turn into a frown.

"No I don't." She said stubbornly, turning away from me. "That's gross."

"You're such a bad liar." I scoffed, laughing. Sylvia rolled her eyes, shoving me away from her softly. "Sylviaaaaa, you don't need to hide from me." I sang out, poking her cheek. "Come on, my pretty little princess."

"Stop making fun of me." Sylvia groaned.

"I'm not." I mumbled against her shoulder. "But you know what they say about women who like being called princess?"

"What?"

"The term princess is normally referred to a little girl by their father. Women who like being called it are typically attracted by the idea of having a more dominating male partner, one that represents the paternal role. It's actually quite creepy once analyzed, even if it's very normalized in our society. It basically just shows how many girls grew up without their fathers, or grew up with issues involving their fathers." I told her with a reassuring smile. She glared at me in return.

"So you're basically telling me that I have daddy issues?" Sylvia deadpanned, making me chuckle.

"It's an educated guess, my love."

"I don't have daddy issues, you have daddy issues." She shot back, making my mouth fall open.

"Whoa whoa whoa, we're not talking about me, we're talking about you!" I exclaimed.