The Idea-Cedric's Life During the Triwizard Tournament

Judi sat in a secluded corner of the Malfoy Manor poring over old newspaper articles that Draco had kept from his childhood. So far all she really knew was that this Rita Skeeter, who authored the article Me, Myself and I, was full of it. She knew that from experience Harry Potter and Draco were the same age as this article was set in their fourth year. "Harry Potter, age 12, his eyes swimming with the ghost of his past, and choking back tears…."

She crumpled the torn part of the article and decided instead to read someone else’s piece on what was known as the Triwizard Tournament. It listed the names of the School Champions and what schools they represented. Fleur Delacour for Beauxbatons Academy, Viktor Krum for Durmstrang, and Cedric Diggory for Howarts. Then, there was Harry Potter, the second Hogwarts champion. Around this point, as the article read, several people wondered how there were four champions, and why was Harry’s name pulled from the Goblet of Fire?

Her eyes were drawn back to the seventeen year old Hogwarts Champion Cedric Diggory. His hair curled at his ears, his eyes shone adventurously, and his smile…

Even looking at it in a picture made Judi’s heart race.

She flipped through the next few newspapers, reading articles on the First task, the Yule Ball, the Second task, and the third and final task. She found that the third was the roughest of all. Cedric had died there. They even had a picture of his body, Harry lying over it, sobbing. Cedric’s eyes were wide open. No smile was on his face.

Judi had never known him, but had found herself intrigued and even attracted to this young man. Her heart had given an angry clench when she seen the picture of Cedric at the Yule Ball, Cho Chang on his arm. But when she found his obituary, her heart momentarily stopped.

"Something the matter love?" Judi jumped when she heard Draco’s voice as she had been so caught up in Cedric’s life. Newspaper articles and clipping flew everywhere. Draco gazed at her through his greasy white-blond hair, bemused. "Didn’t mean to frighten you, it’s just I’ve been calling you for the past five minutes."

"You have?" Judi wondered why she had gotten so spaced. "Sorry," she added, blushing. "I was reading these articles on the.." She trailed off when she saw the mess. "Tri-wizard-tourn-a-ment."

She walked forward, and bent down to pick up an article. Just her luck, it was Cedric’s obituary. His picture was on the front, beaming back at her. Judi picked it up with gentle fingers, afraid she may tear it. Turning to Draco, she muttered, "Did the Dark Lord really murder him?"

Draco nodded and grimaced as though he were disquisted. "He did. That was the night he arose. I can’t believe he would do that."

Judi eyed him warily.

"Not the Dark Lord," Draco insisted. "Wormtail. The pathetic rat."

"You liked him?"

Draco studied her for a moment. "You do."

It wasn’t a question. Judi did not deny it.

Judi was hit with an idea. "Didn’t you say there were time-turners in the Department of Mysteries?"

Obviously confused, Draco nodded. "Yes."

She took his hand in both of hers. "We want to give back to society right? So let’s do it. Even if no one knows it was us."

They were quiet for a minute. "Let’s go back in time and save Cedric Diggory." Judi whispered.

Draco nodded, in agreement.