Epilogue

The Weasley home was buzzing with excitement back in the present. Everything had been changed for the better. When they had all returned to the future it was to find that everyone but Ginny was a graduate from Hogwarts. Both the Weasley twins were alive, Bill’s face was not marred, Dumbledore and Snape lived, healthy and similar to how they always had been. Everything was perfect. 

Now, as Judi sat out in the garden, she only halfway listened to the celebrating and happiness that was occurring behind her in the Burrow. She smiled to herself as she thought of a new alliance between her group of friends and Draco Malfoy. Instead, she let her arms fall behind her and stretched out the blanket she had laid out on the grass, staring up at the sky. 

It was evening, and the stars shone more brightly than she had ever seen them. The night sky was clear. It was a perfect picture of contentment. She could still hardly believe that she had made everything right. 

Out here, relaxed in this Happily Ever After world, she closed her eyes and breathed in. The scent of damp grass and cool summer air greeted her nostrils and she reveled in the calm in brought her. She had not been allowed to fully relax in a long time. Being able to do so now was unbelievable. 

Just to float in this world longer, in case it was a dream, Judi fell back onto the blanket. Lying down was much more comfortable and doing so made the aching in her back disappear. All her muscles ached from the events they had all just gone through. It would feel like three years later to anyone else, but to the Weasleys, to Cedric, Harry, Hermione, and the others who had helped, it would all have happened that night. 

Eventually, the commotion in the Burrow began to die down. Judi remained where she was, to content to move. She heard several calls of Good night, and many pops as Order Members Apparated home. She smiled to herself as she thought of the two lives she had also saved, the child who had his parents now. Remus, Nymphadora, and Teddy Lupin. 

And then there was Sirius, now able to walk in the open as a free man with the appearance of Peter Pettigrew. A story that had been modified was now out in the open the true way it had occurred. Harry had been allowed the oppurtunity to leave his aunt and uncle forever and took it almost as quickly. 

Ron and Hermione. 

Neville and Luna. 

Harry and Ginny. 

Cedric and Cho. 

Fred…. 

Judi opened her eyes as the name came to mind. She could not recall hearing Fred’s voice in the callings of Good Night. She pushed herself up only to realize that her body was stiff from lying still for so long. She began to wonder how long she had been out here as she stood up, swiping her hands over her robes. She looked to the sky and all was lost. There was only Judi and the beautiful sky of freedom above her. 

There was a faint slam that Judi paid no attention to. There came footsteps. She ignored the light interruption still, her eyes locked on the bright white moon. And then, suddenly, arms were around her, pulling her completely off the ground until she was cradled against someone’s chest. Before she could cry out in protest, lips covered hers and her eyes closed as she lost herself again in bliss. 

But this time it was the bliss of being with Fred Weasley. 

And as Fred gently slunk to the blanket, laying Judi down underneath him, and he held her to him lovingly, he mumbled against her lips, “Marry me.” 

Judi threw her arms around Fred’s neck in answer, kissing him more passionately than she ever had in their time together.