After the Battle

Harry walked over to Voldemort’s side and pressed two fingers to his throat. “Dead!” he called. “Finally dead.” 

He pointed his wand at the still figure and ropes shot from the tip, wrapping themselves around it. “Everyone get over here. We’re taking this one back with us.” 

Draco strode from the group, clumping past Harry and the dead Dark Lord to point his wand to the still petrified Peter Pettigrew. “What are we going to do with this scum?” 

“Take him back,” Judi answered. “Alive. Everyone will see him. Sirius Black will be free.” 

She glanced at Harry as she said this and saw the corners of his lips pull up in a smile. If anything, he wanted his godfather to be alive again, and have the possibility to walk in the open, a free man. 

Another life saved. 

Hermione walked forward and threw her arms around Judi’s neck. She stumbled back in surprise as the girl had kept careful distance for a while. 

“I doubted you,” Hermione said, admitting her feelings. “I doubted this whole plan.” She stepped back, squeezing Judi’s shoulders in a friendly way. The smile she gave Judi was honestly happy. “But it worked. You proved me wrong and I am usually right.” 

“No you’re not,” Ron said as Judi laughed. 

Then a pair of arms encircled Judi’s waist, pulling her away from Hermione and crushing her to them. These arms were not Fred’s. They were Cedric’s, somehow still familiar to her even though they had not held her for a long time. He squeezed her and mummered, “Thank you.” 

Cedric pulled away. He looked a mess, but it was expected. He had in fact, just made it through an extremely nasty maze, dodged his own death, and helped to fight off Death Eaters while witnessing the death of the Dark Lord. Judi smiled at him. “You’re Welcome Ced.” 

Harry appeared then, levitating the limp body of his former enemy in the air. Draco followed, doing the same to the now squirming Wormtail. 

“Are we all ready?” Harry asked, allowing the body to fall. He grabbed a bit of Voldemort’s robe roughly. Draco flicked his wand and Pettigrew hit the ground with a flump. He caught Judi’s eye and smirked. 

And suddenly everyone was crowding in a circle, grabbing a hold of someone so that they would all be carried back to the Quidditch Pitch. Harry bound the ex-master and servant together and then grabbed a hold of the ropes. Draco slipped his fingers in one of the loops. He raised his wand, gray eyes glinting, and said, “Accio Cup.” 

Judi only had time to notice that the cup shot to his fingers, and then the graveyard disappeared. 

Judi closed her eyes, gripping Fred’s hand tighter. Even so, the sensation made her stomach clench. Then, at the moment she thought she just may lose the organ, she made contact with a hard and wet ground. 

When she sat up, it was to find every face in the stadium, turned to the group in the middle of the pitch. 

Of course she wasn’t surprised. The people here had only seen four people go in. Two of them were already out, eyeing the group along with everyone else. Cedric and Harry were on the ground eyeing each other way that could only be pronounced as triumph. 

Everything erupted when a voice screamed, “HARRY!” 

Judi turned to look in the direction of the voice. Of course she already knew it was Dumbledore, but to see him now, no where near death was a sort of happy thing for Judi. 

She had not expected however to see the two remaining Heads of the rival schools and every teacher and faculty member she had ever seen at Hogwarts following behind him. Then there was also the Minister of Magic, Cornelious Fudge. 

“Get up Judi,” she shivered as Fred’s warm breath trailed over her ear. He was standing. He helped Judi to her feet. All around her the little group was standing. Ron still secured Hermione. 

The sight that caught everyone’s attention then, was the image of the two Hogwarts champions standing, each grasping a side of the Triwizard Cup. They held the cup above their heads in a victory purely enjoyed and deserved. 

A Hogwarts victory. 

As the stadium erupted in music, screams of delight, and catcalls, Judi noticed Draco standing over the figure of Peter Pettigrew, wand pointed at the fat mans stomach. 

Then, as Dumbledore and his audience reached the group, Harry spoke. 

“Everyone, Cedric and I do not return here with just a mere Hogwarts win for the Triwizard Tournament,” the crowd erupted again. Harry waited patiently. “No, not just a mere win, we stand her in life. Especially Cedric Diggory. We stand here, as survivors of the Dark Lord’s attack!” 

Dumbledore, Snape and McGonnagal were bent over the dead Lord Voldemort. Fudge and another member of the ministry were around Pettigrew, honestly amazed, as the man was supposed to have been dead. 

The stands were quiet. Fred held Judi tighter to his side. 

“This,” Harry spun around, throwing his arm out and pointing right at Judi, who flinched, startled. “Is Judi Rohlfing. She is a witch, a very powerful one, and she was supposed to be one of Voldemort’s faithful servants in the coming years. But now that is all over. She came back to this year to save Cedric Diggory and the lives of all of you who will die in 3 years time.” 

Harry let his hand fall back to his side and he began to circle around in place. “Judi saved us all. You should thank her. Besides,” Harry turned around to face Draco, who stood a few feet in front of Judi. “Judi managed to do the unthinkable. She made a Malfoy love who he was taught to hate.” 

Draco smirked. Fred’s fingers dug slightly into Judi’s side. Was he as uncomfortable as she was? 

“That’s it!” Dumbledore suddenly yelled and half the people in the stands, plus the little group on the ground jumped. “This is the end of the Triwizard Tournament. Here to a Hogwarts win, and the Dark Lord’s Defeat!” 

The stands exploded as all of the people jumped to their feet, screaming and yelling and catcalling. It seemed that now, there was a lot more to celebrate, especially now since there was to be a celebration. The outburst seemed to unfreeze everyone. Judi suddenly found herself enveloped with several sets of arms; Hermione Granger’s the ones that were closer next to Fred’s. Judi laughed and watched as Cho Chang rushed from the stands, throwing herself into Cedric’s waiting arms. Harry pulled Ginny to him and kissed her full on her mouth. Ron extracted Hermione away from Judi and hugged her to him. George had his arms around both Judi and his brother. Jeremy hugged Draco and then slapped him on the back. Everyone around them was celebrating. Everyone, even the teachers. Only Wormtail laid on the ground, motionless and silent as the world was happy and joyous around him.