Library to the Hall

Judi found Hermione in the library the next day surrounded by her usual stacks of books. A rather large thick bound book lay open and she had her nose pressed to the pages. Raising an eyebrow, Judi sat next to her.

"Hermione." Judi said as she slid into the seat next to her. Hermione jumped, startled, and Judi started. "What was that?!" She rasped between her teeth at the bushy-haired girl.

Hermione was breathing deeply. "Scare the hell outta me why don’t you?" She rasped breathlessly.

Judi snickered. "Sorry. I need to talk to you though."

"Shoot," Hermione said with a sigh.

Judi set in on the new plan, appreciating the fact that she had Hermione to tell. Hermione never interrupted her when it was inconvenient. "Fred and I are going to talk to Dumbledore soon. We have an appointment with him at 9:30." She finished.

Hermione nodded, already picking up a book. Judi recognized it as the one she’d had that day at the Burrow. She arched an eyebrow at Hermione who smiled crookedly, and started flipping through the thick pages. "You know me," she mumbled, loud enough to be heard. "Always prepared."

Judi chuckled. "I’m going to go find Harry and Ron so I can tell them."

She was already on her feet, turned halfway away from Hermione, when Hermione said, "Don’t bother. They’re doing last minute homework." She grinned up at Judi. "Just leave it to me."

"Uhm, OK." Judi turned her back on the bushy-haired girl, feeling confused. Maybe it was just her guilt talking, but she had a feeling Hermione did not want her around Harry or Ron. Maybe someone did blame her. Hermione had enough sense to pick out Judi’s insecurities to not mention anything.

With a sigh, Judi exited the library, and went off to meet up with Fred.

Judi had not even been around the corner before she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"Oi! Rohlfing! Wait up!"

She turned around to see Draco running towards her, his hair flying out on his head. His expression was rushed, and a bit frantic. Judi waited patiently for him to reach her.

"Judi," he breathed, and she heard a hint of agony in his voice. "I’m sorry about yesterday. Really I am. Doing that was out of line. Especially to you."

Crossing her arms, Judi rested most of her weight on one leg. "Malfoy, are you apologizing to me for being a jealous git, or a jealous ex-boyfriend?"

"Bit of both," Draco let a small grin creep its way on his lips.

"Draco," Judi sighed, crossing her arms. "What are you here for really? And hurry. I have to get to Dumbledore’s office."

"I’ll go with you."

Judi stared at him, eyebrow arched. "I’m sorry?"

Draco turned on his heel, hands in his pockets and began to walk away. "I’m going with you. This also has to do with me."

"Draco," Judi began in a warning tone.

He kept walking and began to whistle as he moved on. "Come on," he called in between a whistle. "Dumbledore and Fred will be waiting. It’s about time I made myself useful to you again."

"Sure," Judi mumbled. Still, with a sigh, she uncrossed her arms and followed Draco to the entrance behind the goblin.