What you Were Born to Do Pt. 2

The ground was suddenly Judi’s only acknowledgment. She could hear the grunts and groans as the others landed around her. Gingerly, she sat up. Her arm ached but was otherwise fine. Fred and Draco were on either side of her. The sight of Draco had her confused. Hadn’t he stayed behind? 

She looked around her now. George was on the other side of Fred. Behind him were Jeremy, Luna, Cedric, Ginny, Neville, Hermione, Ron and Harry. They were all moving gently. 

So they were all here, and they were all in danger. 

Suddenly the mark on her arm seared. She turned to Draco. He was holding his wrist, gritting his teeth. Harry cried out in pain. She knew that his scar was searing now. Judi saw Cedric move to help him but Ron and Jeremy held him back. Then Harry was being pulled away and towards them. A quick look-around showed that the invisible one was Ginny. Judi heard her voice snarl, “Hide you idiots!” 

Moments later, Harry disappeared under the cloak. 

Everyone else around her was disappearing as the charms were recast and invisibility cloaks reestablished. Fred moved to pull Judi into his arms. Draco was on her other side. She watched as they all disappeared. 

“They need Harry,” Judi rasped. But then she saw Harry reappear. Her wrist seared again. 

There was a blast of light and she moved around the others to look over the boulder that they were situated behind. She saw Wormtail walking toward a now burning cauldron, something held gingerly in the crook of his arm, held like it was a baby. They all knew this was no baby, but the remains of Lord Voldemort himself. 

It was almost like a replay of that year, in the graveyard, except only harry knew that there were allies and that Cedric was also there. He obliged when Wormtail threw him against a statue, cringing in the pain from his scar. Judi flinched. 

They all watched in silence as Wormtail sliced off his hand, watching it fall in to the cauldron, when he cut Harry to get blood and when he dropped his master into the cauldron. 

Harry yelled in pain, the sound long and drawn-out. This fact was due to the changing form. A moment later, after all the smoke disappeared, there stood Lord Voldemort. 

Judi silently gasped. He was just as she had remembered. 

Her mind suddenly began to race with visions from the past. Kneeling to Voldemort that first night, torturing Lucius Malfoy, killing the Dark Lord, killing herself, watching her best friend die…. Everything and anything. Adrenaline shot through her when the last image filled her head. 

Fred lay on the ground, broken shards of the wall around him, surrounded by George, Ron, Harry and Hermione, with Percy holding him, sobbing. Fred with his eyes wide open. Fred with his lips upturned from previous laughter. Fred with his skin going cold by the minute. 

Fred the way he was then: dead 

And just as Voldemort touched his wand tip to Wormtail’s Dark Mark and the other Death Eaters arrived, Judi jumped to her feet, lunging from Fred and Draco’s grasp and ran to the last spot she had seen her brother. “Jeremy,” she hissed as Voldemort began his speech. Wait for the signal and then go. Follow the plan.” 

A shift in the atmosphere later, and she was being hugged to Jeremy. She felt him breathing on her as he said, “Use everything you have Judi. This, this is what you were born to do.” 

And then Jeremy released her and she ran over to Harry’s prison, letting him know the time was nearly there. 

I told them to follow the plan, she thought as she turned toward the others. But that doesn’t mean I will. 

Judi pointed her wand toward the sky and said, “Morsmordre!” 

Immediately, the Dark Mark shot from her wand tip and into the sky. 

At the same time, several cries of “STUPEFY!” Rang through the stunned silence, followed by many shots of red sparks. 

Judi turned her wand to Harry and hissed the spell to release him. Harry fell to the ground just as Judi came into view along with the others. 

Sensing an approach, Judi pointed her wand and yelled “Stupefy!” 

There was a squeak and Wormtail fell to the ground with a thump. 

“Remind me to kill him later,” Judi mummered as she slipped Harry’s wand into his hand. 

Fred was at her side then and she felt all the others around her. They all faced Voldemort. 

“Well, it seems this is my welcoming committee.” He said in a dreamy voice that showed no worry. “Pity, I was hoping for a joyous celebration with the return of the merciful lord.” 

He moved forward a couple of steps, but held his wand in place. Judi knew his tricks all too well, but she also knew that a member of their force was bound to surprise him. 

She was right. 

“Draco Malfoy?” Voldemort stopped short. “Suprising it is to see you standing there with these mudbloods and traitors. “ 

“Not anymore. I’ve seen you in the future. One of these mudbloods happens to kill you a couple of times.” 

“How’s your soul Voldy?” Judi asked, grinning. “I wonder if the destroying of the horcruxes was felt on that pathetic body you were in.” 

Voldemort’s eyes widened. “What did you say? You know-Knew? Wha-how?” 

“Future Voldy, I am your servant at some point. But I am also the one to kill you.” 

Voldemort glared at Judi then; everyone around her tensed. “You’re a traitor?” 

Judi raised her wand. “And I am much more powerful than you.” She smirked. “You see, I’m your superior, and I am here to help take you down.” 

As she said this she muttered, “Lumos.” 

Everyone scatters and the Death Eaters came back to reality. 

Harry lunged straight for Voldemort, wand hand down. Everyone else went to a Death Eater. Judi remained alone, watching Harry. She would need to cast away Voldemort long enough for Harry to wake up again. 

“Avada Kedevra!” Voldemort cried and Harry fell to the ground, no scream of pain emitting from him. In the same moment, Voldemort crumpled, clutching his stomach in pain. 

This was it, the last horcrux gone. 

And Harry shook his head, launching himself back to his feet. Voldemort gritted his teeth and hissed, “Crucio!”

He was frightening, no longer the man she had worshipped, but a monster. A monster who had killed. Seeing him now, reborn and infuriated with his new audience, Judi was overwhelmed with fury on her own behalf. And even though she yearned for warmth, she leapt forward to do what she needed to do, what she had come here to do. 

‘What you were born to do,’ as Jeremy had said. 

“Protego!” Judi screamed, casting a shield over Harry. At once, Harry stopped squirming in pain. Judi helped him to stand. “You ready Harry?” 

“Voldemort!” Harry cried, and Judi flinched when the sound made contact with her ears. “I’m here now. You want to kill me, so do it now, in a wizard’s duel.” 

He shoved Judi away. “Go to Fred.” 

Some one was already pulling her back toward the group. A second later, she recognized the scent: Jeremy. 

They all watched the, as Voldemort raised his wand and Judi was wrapped into Fred’s arms. They all watched and listened. 

Voldemort cried, “Avada Kedevra.” 

At the same time, Harry yelled, “Expelliarimus!” 

The light that emitted from the colliding spells was massive. But when it cleared, only Harry stood there, alive, breathiung heavy. 

A few feet away, Voldemort was on the ground, eyes wide and body still, hit by his own rebounding Killing Curse.