What's His Problem

When Judi woke up Saturday morning, it was to find herself in a room that was set to relax her completely. The bed she lay on was soft as if she were lying on a cloud. She felt light as a feather. Fred lay beside her, fast asleep; looking so peaceful that she was nearly under the impression he were innocent. Judi laughed to herself at the thought.

She was relieved to see that they were both still fully clothed. The night before the kissing had gotten so intense, she’d been afraid it might go too far too fast as he lay over her. And yet, she’d never stopped kissing him. It’s hard, she thought, to let go of something that you know is so right.

Fred stirred beside her, then opened his eyes. He stared straight ahead, sleepily, his eyes glazed over. Judi sat still, watching him, her arms around her legs, cheek pressed against her knees. Finally, he seemed to register his surroundings, and his eyes flicked to her small form.

He smiled.

Judi pushed her legs back out and lay back down, locking her eyes with his. "Good morning," she whispered, as his arms wrapped around her, pulling her against him.

"Right back at you," Fred yawned slightly. "I guess we stayed in the Room of Requirement last night, huh?"

Judi giggled. "Yeah. We did."

"Well," Fred groaned, "I’m sure Hermione will find a way to get on us."

"Without a doubt."

They didn’t lay there for long. After taking several minutes to wake up, they stretched and then gathered their things. Hand-in-hand, they strode from the Room of Requirement together.

"I’ll meet you in the Great Hall," Judi said, swinging her bag on her arm to secure it. Fred nodded, mimicking her. "Don’t be late," she added.

Fred winked.

They took off at the same time, heading in totally different directions. Judi to the Hufflepuff Common Room, Fred to the Gryffindor. Judi found herself wishing she had been sorted into Gryffindor instead of Hufflepuff, but there was nothing she could do now. She had asked the sorting hat to put her in Hufflepuff, and he had. You have a job to do, she reminded herself as she slid to a stop outside the entrance. "Deception!"

She bounded into the seemingly empty common room; nearly tripping over a bag someone had left in the floor. She stumbled, barely catching her balance, when she heard someone’s light snicker somewhere close to her. She turned her head sharply, her cheeks slightly flushed, and nearly collapsed when she saw Draco lounging next to the fire.

"How did you get in here?" Judi demanded, forgetting her bag and letting it slip to the floor. "This is the Hufflepuff Common Room. Aren’t you a Slytherin?"

Draco smirked and Judi was a bit stunned at the pictures flickering on her face from the flames in the fireplace. "Polyjuice potion works a charm." When he saw the outraged look on Judi’s face he sighed. "I just snuck in when the other Hufflepuff’s went down to breakfast. I figured you would turn up sooner or later."

Judi huffed, crossing her arms. "I’m only here to drop off my books and change. I’m going into Hogsmeade this afternoon."

"Are you?" Draco’s smirk was a bit mocking now. "Who with? Diggory?"

She shook her head. "No."

His gaze switched from mocking to questioning. "Wait. You go from making out in the Prefect’s bathroom to no-invoid?"

Suddenly, realization dawned on her. "You really don’t know? Everyone knows. It’s the talk of the school."

"I’ve learned to ignore the gossip." Draco stated as if it was obvious and she should just know this. "Although apparently I should have listened to the recent gossip. Then maybe, I would not be wondering who you could have dumped Diggory for."