Intense breakfast

AN: Screw it, third person perspective, cause it's easier for me.

*Line Break Line Break Line Break Line Break*

Noah awoke with a groan. His back shouted out in protest which made him feel like an old man but that wasn't the worst part. The worst was when he had no choice but to sleep on the cold hard floor. And let me tell you, sleeping on metal isn't nice or comfy.

The teen looked around the room with nothing of interest in sight. Except for Bronya who offered to share her room with him since there were no other rooms for him to sleep in.

A sigh escaped Noah's lips. He really hoped this was a dream and that he was back in his room with Carole and Mei waiting for him to wake up and head out on a mission or maybe get some breakfast.

But at the same time he was relieved. He really did want to find out about Mei's past and see what happened to her and maybe help her. Suddenly A dirty Image of Mei passed through his head before he started slapping himself.

"No, bad Noah, she is your friend, you shouldn't think about her like that" the boy said quietly to himself. Sitting up, he glanced at Bronya who was currently strangling some sort of weird yellow, bunny, plushie, thing, but still sleeping.

Noah got to his feet and walked towards the door leading out of the room. As he opened the door he shot one last glance at Bronya and saw Carole there for a split second. Shaking his head he closed the door and started walking down the hall not noticing a pair of eyes watching him.

Noah looked out the window and saw the night sky, the clouds bellow going by quickly. A small smile tugged at his lips before it was washed away a second later.

"I miss them" Noah said quietly. Now that he had time to stop and think, he finally felt the pain in his heart. Noah reached into his pocket and pulled out a photo.

The photo took place at the beach and what he saw caused him to chuckle. It was Future Mei in a light purple bikini standing there laughing while holding some sort of drink she made with a red umbrella resting in it.

There was also Carole who is currently buried in the sand with her head sticking out making a funny face.

Meanwhile there was Noah who was wearing a pair of black swim trunks and facepalming but one could see the small smile under his hand.

This was a photo taken a year ago, when there were no missions, so Mei decided they head to the beach. And to Noah's credit he had a great time... even if he didn't show it.

"Noah!" Said boy yelped at being caught off guard. He quickly put the photo in his pocket, making sure to not crumble it. He spun around and stared back at a pair of familiar electric purple eyes.

"Oh, hey Mei" Noah said clearing his throat. The female tilts her head before walking up to stand beside him.

"What are you doing up so early?" The boy shrugged and the duo started to walk down the hall.

"I just woke up and couldn't sleep again, the floor really doesn't make a great bed either" Mei frowned at that before looking at Noah worried.

"Are you ok? Does your back hurt at all" Noah looked at Mei and smirked to himself.

"Never change who you are Mei, never change" Noah thought before looking ahead.

"I'm fine, thanks to Bronya who offered me a pillow and blanket which allowed me to sleep a bit more comfortably" Mei paused and nodded her head but kept the frown.