Heavy Memories

Noah walked around the court yard with a completely blank look on his face. No emotions where shown, but his inner turmoil was fighting with him to keep him sane.

Looking around the area making sure nobody was following him, Noah pulled out the same photo he kept with him for so long.

It was a bit wrinkled but payed it no mind. He looked at the picture and can feel his eyes getting misty. Noah frowned and rubbed his eyes with his other hand.

After Noah finished he took a deep breath. A few seconds passed and the Knight exhaled.

"What's wrong with me?" Noah thought before looking at the photo again. Seeing the goofy face of Carole and the smiling face of Mei in the photo caused his heart to start pounding faster as his head started to spin.

Tears appeared at the corner of his eyes. Noah didn't know what was wrong with him he just started breaking down.

After a few seconds a familiar feeling enetered his stomach. The feeling of guilt... but for what?

Noah closed his eyes and searched his brain for answers. That's when he found it... the 'fight' between him and Mei, before he passed away.

(Flashback)

Noah watched Mei work while he stood next to a window looking at the red glowing crystal in the sky. Carole was in the room on her phone. They had no current object at the moment, they are just waiting for orders from HQ.

Looking around the apartment room which they chosen to be their Base of Operator. It was quite spacious after they cleared it out, leaving only a table, a few chairs and the beds they bring in from the others houses nearby.

Noah decided to talk to carole for a bit which In turned caused Mei to look up and see the duo talking which caused her to see two familiar faces before it vanished.

Mei frowned and looked away. Noah saw this reaction which was a common thing at this point, but it was getting annoying to the boy. Carole didn't mind because it wasn't her business.

But the boy was always worried for his friends and family. Mei was family so he is worried about her.

Noah looked at Carole who shook her head knowing what he is thinking, but all she got was a smile.

Noah walked up to Mei who was looking away.

"Mei" Noah said causing the women to turn around and face the boy. She saw the concern in his amber eyes and knew where this was going.

"Yes, Noah?" Mei answered while the boy thought over his words carefully.

"You wouldn't mind telling me what's wrong?" Noah asked getting a frown from Mei. The boy asked before but when Mei denied giving him a response he accepted it and stopped asking.

"Noah" Mei sighed. "I told you before this is personal, so please stop asking" Noah frowned at her response but wasn't going to back down like last time.

"Mei, please" Noah begged. "Just tell me what's wrong, I want to help you" Noah said while Mei frowned at Noah for not backing down.

"No, and that's final." Mei said firmly. Noah frowned. He was getting a very annoyed with how stubborn Mei is.

"Would you stop that!" Noah growled, glaring at Mei. Carole looked worried while Mei glared back at Noah.