sneaking out

Hi! I'm trying to include as many people as possible, but there's so many characters that I know I'm leaving some people out. If there is any character that you want to see, comment and let me know. If there is any specific situation or conversation you want to see happen, let me know and I'll try to write it! Thank you!

Rose was worried. It had been two weeks since the aurors went after Travers, and they still weren't back. Harry and Ron barely had time to say goodbye before they were leaving, and they hadn't been able to send many letters since they had left.

Remus knew more about the mission, so he was the one to tell Rose and Hermione what was going on. Apparently, Travers had been sighted by Regulus in America. Regulus had been visiting with Gabrielle's parents in Massachusetts he saw the familiar Death Eater. The aurors believed that he was going to try to visit the American Wizarding school and recruit more wizards. Unfortunately, the trail went cold after Regulus saw Travers, but they knew he was still in America. They aurors were looking everywhere for the man, but they had had no luck so far.

Before he left, Harry told Rose to stay with her parents to make sure that she was safe. The aurors would almost all be in America, so there was no one to guard their house anymore. While he knew that Rose could take care of herself in most situations, he didn't her to be outnumbered and get hurt. To decrease any of Harry's worries, Rose agreed to live with her parents. Hermione was also staying with them, and Remus and Teddy were frequent guests.

"Teddy, please go to sleep," Rose pleaded for the tenth time. The almost one year old had been extra fussy in the past two weeks. It was obvious that he missed Tonks.

"Is he not asleep yet?" Remus asked with a sigh as he entered the small nursery.

"No," Rose said, a frown on her face. Teddy let out a wail when Rose stopped rocking him in her arms, so she quickly started to rock him again.

"You can go to sleep, Rose," Remus said. "I got him."

"It's fine," Rose said. Remus frowned as he examined his goddaughter.

"Have you been sleeping?" Remus asked as he noticed the dark bags under her eyes. Rose faltered a bit but continued to rock her godson.

"Of course I have," Rose said, not meeting Remus' eye. She let out a relieved sigh as Teddy's turquoise hair slowly started to fade into his natural brown, signaling that he was almost asleep. Remus waited until Teddy was fully asleep and Rose had put him down before responding.

"You look horrible," Remus said as Rose quietly closed the door to the nursery.

"Well you don't look ready to win a beauty pageant either, Moony," Rose replied with a small scoff.

"You're not sleeping," Remus noted. "I know how you get when you need more sleep, and it's how you're acting."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Rose lied as she passed her godfather to enter the kitchen.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Remus said as he followed her. "You come up with excuses so that you don't have to go to sleep even though you're exhausted. You move slower, and you snap at everyone."

"Can you just drop it?" Rose snapped, wincing a little when she realized that she had proven his point.

"You're acting just like you did when you were ten and I watched that muggle boy for a few days," Remus continued, talking to Rose's back as she made hot chocolate. "You were so excited to hang out with him that you wouldn't sleep. You sabotaged yourself because you ended up being so tired that you were mean to him and he found another babysitter so he didn't have to play with you."