home

The next two days went by slow and fast at the same time. Rose and Harry spent every waking second with their son, but they also had to share time with their large family. Mrs. Weasley had cried for an hour when she met Jamie, and she had also been kind enough to teach them how to swaddle the baby.

In order to decide who would be the favorite grandfather, the Mauraders would be the first to comfort Jamie when he cried and they even changed his diapers for Rose and Harry. Marlene and Lily were also always there, often bringing Sebastian and Arabella. Any hesitancy that Arabella might have had about Rose having a baby went away the second she saw Jamie. She babbled to him while he slept in his crib, crying when she had to leave. Sebastian and Teddy could care less, although they were quite jealous when Jamie and Victoire met for the first time, taking all the attention off of them. Sebastian had thrown a fit and Teddy had whined until Tonks played with him.

Draco was surprisingly emotional. When he first held Jamie, Rose could swear that he was crying, but he vehemently denied that. He did, however, remind Rose of when they were told to have a child, although he regretted it when it caused the air to become awkward. He changed the subject as quick as he could, and Rose tried not to think of what her life might look like if that had happened.

Ron was a surprisingly good godfather. He learned how to change a diaper, and he would sometimes calm Jamie down if he started to cry. Hermione looked proud of Ron, and she had broken down into happy tears multiple times.

"We haven't been alone in so long," Harry murmered in Rose's ear as they both watched Sirius walking around the room with Jamie.

"We're about to go home where we'll be wishing that they're all here," Rose murmered back. They were finally being released from the hospital since Rose was fully healed. She didn't realize that her belly would still look pregnant after she gave birth, but she didn't care what her body looked like. It brought her son into the world, and that made it perfect.

"I hope he likes his room," Harry said worriedly, causing Rose to snort.

"He's barely three days old," Rose said. "The only thing he likes is my boob and his bed."

Harry rolled his eyes but gave her a quick kiss anyways. A knock on the door ended their conversation and they all smiled as Willa entered.

"Hello little Jamie," Willa cooed even though the baby was asleep. "How are you feeling, Rose?"

"I'm good," Rose replied, a bright smile on her face. "Better than I've felt in months, if I'm being honest."

"That's always good to hear," Willa said. "If you're all ready, then you can leave."

Rose and Harry were out of the hospital as soon as they could, wanting to go back home with their son. Willa recieved lots of thanks from everyone and Rose and Harry made a mental note to send her a thank you gift.

The ride home was long. Hermione was driving them home, and she followed the speed limits exactly, so it took them much longer to get home than it had to get to the hospital. Luckily for everyone, Jamie stayed asleep the whole time.

"I bet Tillie will love him," Rose said softly as they pulled into the driveway. "And Potato will try to play with him."

"If Tillie scratches him, she's out," Harry warned.

"I don't know if you remember, but I have these super cool healing powers," Rose said. "So he'll be perfectly fine."

Harry just mimicked what she said overdramatically.

"Are you guys excited to finally be alone with Jamie?" Hermione asked as she helped them grab their hospital bags.

"I'm kinda scared," Rose admitted, a small frown on her face. "I haven't even changed his diaper yet cause you guys have been so amazing."