Skeeter

Victoire Weasley was born three hours after Rose got to the hospital. Harry and Rose attempted to watch the birth to see what it was like, but Harry was so hungover that he left after the first push to puke. Rose didn't last much longer, and she and Harry ended up puking into a bush together.

"I can't do that," Rose panted as she sat next to the bush, her eyes wide and face pale. Harry vanished the large amounts of puke and sat next to his wife.

"That was horrifying," Harry said. "I don't know how Bill could stand to hear Fleur screaming like that. I can't...you're gonna have to..."

"I know," Rose said.

"What are you two doing out here?" Cedric asked as he saw them sitting on the floor. He was sweaty from quidditch practice, but neither Rose nor Harry cared.

"Fleur and Bill let us in the room while she was giving birth," Rose answered, a traumatized look on her face.

"I'm guessing it wasn't pretty," Cedric said. Rose and Harry both shook their heads no.

"It was very loud," Harry said.

"Has she finished giving birth?" Cedric asked.

"Probably," Rose said. "We left pretty early on."

"Let's go see," Cedric said. Rose and Harry stood up shakily and followed Cedric to the waiting room.

"There you two are," Hermione said, a wide smile on her face. "They just let the grandparents in. Victoire is perfectly healthy for being a few weeks early."

Rose and Harry nodded and slid down into the seats next to Ron, who was half asleep from being hungover.

"What's up with you two?" George asked, a smile on his face at the excitement of finally being an uncle.

"I can't do that," Rose said. "I'm not going to do that. This baby is just gonna have to stay in me forever."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," Hermione said.

"It was worse," Harry mumbled. "So much blood and screaming."

"I...I'm not...," Rose trailed off as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Oh, boys, Ginny, come in here," Mrs. Weasley said as she opened the door to the room. The Weasley siblings immediately ran to see their new niece, Fleur's sister rushing in with them.

"Viktor, you too," Mr. Weasley said. Viktor gave them a thankful nod and entered the room as well.

"Are you two alright?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"No," Rose admitted. Mr. And Mrs. Weasley shared a look before pulling chairs to sit across from the couple.

"I'm guessing that you've never seen a baby being born before," Mrs. Weasley said sympathetically. Harry and Rose both shook their head no.

"There's no way that I can do that," Rose said shakily.

"I thought the same thing and then I had seven kids," Mrs. Weasley said with a small chuckle. "Once you hold your baby in your arms the first time, it makes it all worth it."

"How can you stand to see her in so much pain?" Harry asked Mr. Weasley.

"It's hard," Mr. Weasley said with a sigh. "But you just stay by her side and encourage her. Like Molly said, holding your baby for the first time makes you forget all the bad times."

"I don't think my body can even do that," Rose said. "I can't...Merlin help me."

"You don't even really think when you're giving birth," Mrs. Weasley admitted. "Your brain just focuses on getting your child into the world and nothing else."