Chapter 16

"No way!"

Rose looks up at her brother "what's wrong Ciel"

"The Queen..." Ciel looks up at Rose "is sending you away.. on a solo mission"

"..why" Rose put her tea down "why now"

"I don't know" Ciel says putting the note down "We can't defy a direct order from the Queen... but I can't send you out alone!"

Rose stands up and holds Ciel's hand "big brother It'll be ok" she smiles "I will go"

"Absolutely not" Ciel objects

"I've been doing some training and the Queen's forces will meet me at the station" Rose takes the letter from Ciel "I am the second child of the phantomhives, it is my job to serve the queen and the country. I am the Queen's cat after all, the sister of the Queen's guard dog"

Ciel sighs and smiles "alright then, you'll call and write to me won't you?"

"Of course" Rose hugs him

-

Ciel stares out the window of the carriage sadly

"Young master we have arrived"

Ciel looks up to see Sebastian helping Rose out of the carriage. He stands up and Sebastian helps him down, Ciel looks over to see the Queen's servants taking Rose's luggage and putting it on the train.

"You'll be careful won't you?" Ciel asks worriedly

"I will, I promise" Rose reassures him before hugging him "I love you big brother"

"I love you too Rosie" Ciel says hugging her

Rose turns to Sebastian "you take care of my brother Sebby"

"Of course young miss" Sebastian bows "I give you my word I will keep him safe"

"Good" Rose hugs Sebastian, he looks surprised, Rose steps away and smiles "see you soon Sebby"

Ciel and Sebastian watch as Rose boards the train with the Queen's servants. They don't move until the train is out of sight.

Ciel sighs "ill see her again... right Sebastian?" a couple minutes past without any answer, Ciel turned his head to see Sebastian still staring off in the direction the train went "Sebastian?"

Sebastian gets out of his trance and looks at Ciel "yes of course my Lord, she'll be back. No matter how long it is.. she will be back"