Chapter 23

Sebastian, Ciel, and Rose arrive at the circus together. Ciel in his usual clothing with his top hat, cloak, and cane. Rose was in one of her normal dress's and Sebastian was also in his normal attire, nothing different as of right now.

"Is this it?" Ciel asks as he looks around

"yep" Rose smiles "this is the Noah's Ark Circus"

They make their way through the crowd and into the main tent where adults and children all sat, anxiously waiting for the show to start.

"By all appearances, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual but.." the lights went out and Ciel stopped talking

A spot light shone on one person in the performance area.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls of all ages! Welcome to the Noah's Ark Circus" He starts juggling "My name is Joker. If you look here- whoops!" he drops all the balls on his head and the crowd laughs

"same show as last time" Rose says

More lights shine on the rest of the performers as Joker addresses the audience "The whole circus is jostling for a chance to give you a fun show!"

With that the show began showing a number of performers.

"No music nor anything particularly special" Ciel says

"Exactly, and there is no sign of the rumored kidnapped children either" Rose adds

"indeed" Sebastian agrees

"If they don't intend to make a show of the children, perhaps the circus's movements and the children's disappearances are merely a coincidence?" Ciel suggests

"oh Ciel" Rose sighs, Ciel turns his head to look at her, Rose turns to him "in this dark world we live in.. their are no coincidences"

Sebastian stands up and the siblings look at him.

"what is it Sebby?" Rose questions

"Did you find something?" Ciel asks

Joker points to Sebastian "you, that really distinguished looking man in the tailcoat, please step onto the stage"

"...did we miss something?" Ciel asks

"ah.. it's the tamer" Rose says "last performance during her act she asks for a volunteer to-"

Sebastian was down in the performers area, he walked straight past them and started petting the tiger.

"such round eyes.."

"oh god" Rose covers her face

"Crap, tigers are cats" Ciel grumbles

"I've never seen such soft, vividly stripped ears... How lovely" Sebastian takes the tiger's paw "What's this? it seems your claws have grow a bit too long. To not be groomed... your paw pads, too, are plump and exceedingly charming."

The tiger then bit Sebastian's head.

"Betty!" the tamer swung it's whip at the tiger "Let him go!"

Sebastian catches the whip and moves his head out of the tigers mouth, unharmed he turns to her "She did not do anything wrong. In the face of such loveliness, I was unintentionally rude. And besides that..." Sebastian smirks "If you simply recklessly swing the whip, you'll never be able to train her"

-

"Who said you could go that far?!" Ciel shouts

The show was now over and the three were walking outside the tent.

"My apologies. I've lived for such a long time, but it's only cats whose fickle emotions I cannot read" Sebastian apologizes happily

"Achoo!" Ciel sneezes "you know I'm allergic to cats! Walk further back!"

Sebastian takes a couple steps back where Rose was.

"You know sometimes I think you like those cats more than us" Rose says

"Of course not my lady" Sebastian says then smirks "I find you much more alluring then them"

Rose blushes and runs up to Ciel, Sebastian chuckles.

"Ciel are you alright?" Rose asks

"Stupid cat hair" Ciel grumbles

"Ah there you are!" The three turn around to see Joker running up to them "I'm really sorry for earlier"

"no, please accept my apologies instead" Sebastian apologizes

"I was surprised cause you suddenly got so close to the tiger. You ok from the bite?" Joker questions "Anyways, we've got us a special doctor here, and I was thinkin he should check you out. C'mon round to the back."

"In that case, I will" Sebastian agrees

Sebastian and Joker head back while Ciel and Rose stayed out front.

"Smart thinking" Rose says "while he's back there Sebastian can see if their's anything suspicious, but I don't think he'll find anything I haven't"

"Have you been back there?" Ciel asks

"yes" Rose replies "every performer in the circus has some kind of deformity, the tamer has a prosthetic leg and Joker has a prosthetic arm"

-

The three arrive back at the townhouse where Prince Soma and Agni were.

"Ciel!! Beauty!!" Soma shouts, Ciel dodges him and Soma hugs Rose "Ciel you're so mean, beauty lets me hug her"

"let her go" Ciel says annoyed

"No" Soma refuses and hugs her tighter

"prince Soma please" Rose says

"but I haven't seen you in so long" Soma whines

Sebastian easily picks up Rose away from Soma "please refrain from touching my young miss like that"

"hmm" Soma looks at his hand then back at Rose "beauty's chest has-"

"shut up!" Ciel shouts

Rose blushes and crosses her arms over her chest, she looks at Sebastian "you can put me down now"

"...right.. my apologies young miss" Sebastian places her back down on her feet

Sebastian and Rose followed Ciel up the stairs.

"Why did it end up that I was signed up for the circus?!" Ciel shouts as he gets into him room

"You were not signed up for the circus" Sebastian replies "you were signed up for the entrance test"

"Just you infiltrating it is enough, isn't it?" Ciel questions "Living in a tent, what a joke"

"would that really be alright?" Sebastian asks "Me living according to my own free will, rather than your orders?"

"...I guess you're right" Ciel agreed regretfully

"I'm more offended that I wasn't signed up" Rose says as she sits on the bed

"That I'm happy about" Ciel disagrees as he sits next to her "you are safer here with prince Soma, while we take care of things on the inside you can take care of work on the outside"

Rose sighs "I guess so"