Chapter 17

2 years have passed since Rose has left, at first the letters between her and Ciel were constant then they became less frequent. Ciel had gotten busy with cases and other things but kept writing to her when he could. Eventually it got to the point where Rose got no letters at all from her brother.

Rose yawned as she sat up and stretched. She walked over to her curtains and opened them, she smiled at the beautiful view of roses that were planted just for her. After a bit she walked over to her closet and changed into her clothes for the day.

 After a bit she walked over to her closet and changed into her clothes for the day

Rose walked down the stairs to see Claude wiping off Alois's fingers.

Alois heard the sound of Rose's heels and looked towards the sound "ah good morning, you didn't see anything did you?"

"See what?" Rose asks as she reaches the end of the stairs

Alois walks over to her and kisses her cheek "nothing I want you to see, such sights are not meant for a lady" he pulls out a chair for her to sit in

Rose smiles as she sits down, Alois takes his seat across from her. Claude serves them breakfast.

"Alois" Rose looks at him "can I ask you something?"

"yes anything?" Alois asks concerned

"Well I was wondering if I could go visit my brother, his letters have stopped" Rose says worriedly

Alois looks upset  "oh I guess so, I've just enjoyed your company lately"

"I'm your fiancé" Rose reaches across and holds his hands "I'll always come back to you"

"yes you're right" Alois sighed "when will you leave?"

"tomorrow" Rose replies happily

A couple hours later the two are sitting in the study playing chess when Claude enters the room.

"Your highness" Claude says "Arnold Trancy and the priest have arrived"

Alois's eyes widened and he starts panicking. Rose stands up and hugs him, he calms down a bit.

"My Lord relax, I will take care of everything" Claude reassures him

"right" Alois says hugging Rose close to him, he looks up at her "I always feel safe with you"

"good" Rose smiles

Alois takes her shoulders, he pulls her down and kisses her. Rose blushes, Alois laughs when he lets her go and stands up.

"You're too cute, wait for me in here my little kitten" Alois winks "I'll be back"

Rose smiles "yes"

-

Alois and Rose are sitting in the living room after dinner when it starts to rain.

"Hannah!" Alois shouts

Hannah walks in the room and bows. Rose looks concerned at Hannah's bandaged eye.

Rose ran over to her "Hannah what happened to you?"

"I..." Hannah saw Alois glare at her from his seat "I accidently ran into a branch that poked my eye"

"Oh it must hurt" Rose says sadly

"It is nothing my lady" Hannah reassures her

"Yes it is nothing, do not worry kitten" Alois tells Rose walking over and putting a hand on her shoulder "Hannah get a warm bath for her"

"Yes" Hannah bows "please come young miss"

Rose smiles to Alois before following Hannah up to the grand bathroom in the manor, there Hannah made her a warm bath which she enjoyed very much. After an hour Hannah helped her out and helped her dress into her nightgown.

 After an hour Hannah helped her out and helped her dress into her nightgown

"Thank you Hannah" Rose smiles

The two hear a loud crash down stairs followed by Alois screaming.

"Alois!" Rose shouts as she runs down the stairs

She sees the chandelier on the ground shattered, the entire room was dark. Rose quickly went over to Alois who was sitting on the ground trembling. She slowly kneeled down next to him and hugged him. Claude stands there watching.

Alois quickly held onto Rose and cried "Rosie don't leave me, please don't leave me alone"

"It's ok" Rose says rubbing his back

"It's so dark" Alois cries "I don't want to be alone, don't leave me alone in the darkness!"

Rose hugs him a bit tighter "I won't Alois I promise.. I'm not going anywhere..."