Chapter 20

Rose opened her eyes and felt a pain in her chest when she tried to sit up.

Mey-Rin runs into the room "young miss please lay down, you can't get up"

"Where's Ciel and Sebastian?" Rose asks weakly

"Well.. some complications.. came up" Mey-Rin says

"Young miss you're awake!"

Finny and Bard came running into the room and hugged her.

"Hey!" Mey-Rin shouts at them "the young miss isn't healed all the way, don't just hug her!"

Rose laughs "It's ok I'm alright"

"Young miss you've been out for almost a month now" Finny says sadly "we were worried you'd never wake up"

"A-Almost a month" Rose looks down, her cuts were all healed "I just have this awful pain in my chest"

"I'll go make something for you to eat" Bard says as he pulls out a flamethrower

"I don't think-" Finny didn't get to finish because Bard was already out the door

"Mey-Rin, what did you mean by.. complications?" Rose asks

Mey-Rin and Finny stare at Rose with sad looks on their faces.

"Young miss.. the young master and Sebastian were gone for a couple weeks before returning to the manor.." Finny started

"But they left again, forever, the young master dismissed us!" Mey-Rin shouts "and told us to burn down the manor"

"...what" Rose's eyes watered "they just left me here!"

"The young master said to tell you that you'll find them when the time is right, until then you can go down your own path" Finny explains "he says he believes in you"

Rose gets out of bed and runs down the stairs

"Young miss wait!" Mey-Rin shouts

Rose ran out back and stood in the garden, she didn't care about the rain pouring down.

She looked up at the sky angrily "YOU JERKS"