Chapter 40

Daylight was breaking, revealing hundreds of undead's dead bodies around their boat, floating in the ocean.

Rose opened up her eyes to see Sebastian covered in blood standing over her "is it.. over?"

Sebastian looks at her, Rose herself was also covered in blood, he smiles and places his hand on her cheek "yes.."

Rose leans into his hand as a tear falls down her face "we're safe"

"Yes" Sebastian kisses her lips sweetly and full of love "I will always keep you safe"

Rose places her hand on top of Sebastian's, a beautiful red diamond ring now on her finger. They're interrupted by the sound of a boat's horn. They look over at the horizen to see a large ship.

"It's a rescue ship" Sebastian says

-

Sebastian carries Rose onto the ship where the rest of the survivors were.

"Rose!"

They look over to see Elizabeth and Ciel running over, Ciel looks like he's been crying.

"Big brother" Rose says weakly

Sebastian places Rose down on her feet and Ciel immediately hugs her.

"You idiot don't you ever do that again!" Ciel shouts

"Sorry sorry" Rose apologizes

"We were worried sick about you" Edward tells her walking over

"Ciel wouldn't stop crying" Elizabeth says as tears ran down her face

"don't tell her that" Ciel blushes embarrassed, he then looks at Sebastian "you protected her well"

"of course" Sebastian smiles "I would protect my fiancé even if it cost me my own life"

"hold it" Ciel looks annoyed "...fiancé?"

Sebastian takes Rose's hand and holds it up to show the ring on her finger.

"hm.. when did I get that?" Rose mumbles

Elizabeth squeals "I'm so happy" she hugs Rose "you're such a cute couple"

"hey I didn't approve this!" Ciel shouts

Sebastian bows before him "young master.. I deeply care about and love the young miss.. please allow this one request of ours"

"I.." Ciel looks at Rose then back at Sebastian "...guard her with your life.. always"

"I will" Sebastian agrees

"thank you big brother" Rose hugs Ciel

"whatever makes you happy" Ciel rubs her head "I did promise in the contract that I would give you whatever you wanted"

Rose started crying

"what's wrong" Sebastian quickly was at her side

"I was so scared.. that we weren't going to make it" Rose cries

Ciel smiles a bit and hugs her "there there.. you're safe... You took my place and went through all that in my stead... you truly are the best little sister in the world, I wouldn't trade you for anything"