Chapter 1: 2 years later

Hiccups about 16 in this chapter

S T O I C K

It's been 2 long years since Hiccup left on that night fury. I've tried time and time again to convince myself he's gone, he's dead but some where deep inside of me, I know he's alive and out there some where, living well.

The village hasn't been the same since Hiccup left. The story of the boy on Berk who trained a night fury had spread like wild fire through the archipelago along with another tale of a boy who defeated the dragons nest queen. The story refers to him as The Dragon Conquerer. He's now the hero well known to the tribes here but few people have actually met him.

Some villagers have tried to train dragons like Hiccup did but ended up losing a limb or fried to a crisp so I banned that with dragons. Astrid, hasn't been the same since Hiccup left.

Before she had been Astrid the fearless but ever since Hiccup left, she's never been more afraid I can tell. She stopped going to the woods about a year ago when I told her to let go of Hiccup but she still looks in the direction that Hiccup went in those couple years ago.

The teens are constantly gossiping about dragon facts (mainly Fishlegs) and The dragon conquerer. Some times I listen in and hear about the hero losing his leg as his dragon saves him but that's all the detail they get into.

I look at the now setting sun. Even though the facts clearly say Hiccup wouldn't have survived, even if he had killed the dragon he'd still need supplies, some where deep inside my heart I knew he was alive and well.

"Please come back son." I whispered, hoping that some day, he'll come back to Berk. To the village. To me, his father. To the girl that loves him, Astrid ( it is obvious actually).

I sighed sadly as I realized. I might just be wishing something that may never come.

H I C C U P

It's been 2 years since I left. Me and Toothless are still on the same island we settled at 2 days after we left. I'm not the same fish bone I was back at Berk. Sure, I still did not have that much muscles and I haven't got that much bigger, but I'm braver than I used to be.

It was about a year ago, when I came back to the dragons nest and defeated the red death. I had actually lost my left leg to that but I lived (A/N:: The red death is the dragon that hiccup kills in the first movie, in case for those who didn't know but most who read fan fictions know most of this but just in case.).

Now I have a metal prostatic that I made myself. I had made my own little house on the island where I make new armor and a new leg every so often to keep up with my growing. I also have a sword made out of gronkle iron that I hold in my left hand.

Nothing much has changed, except for the leg thing and the fact that I no longer live on Berk and also Toothless is teaching me how to speak Dragonese which I am pretty much fluent in now. I rarely speak Norse except when I visit the villages on other islands, I visit a lot because they give me free supplies because I dealt with the dragons nest and I'm now known as the Dragon Conquerer who is a hero.

Also I have enemies of course. Alvin the treacherous who wants me to train his dragons which I refuse to do. That's actually it and he's my main problem.

I haven't seen Berk in awhile, at first I would fly over at times but stopped after a few weeks because I was almost caught. So I haven't seen the others but when I saw Astrid, she looked sad. My dad, well he looked slightly thinner and slightly depressed but other than that he looked well.

I'm hoping the war between dragons and Vikings will stop at Berk and then I will return. The way the Vikings reacted before though, it may be centuries before they stop killing dragons.

---------------------
Short 1st chapter but I promise the next one will be longer.

Bye :) I'll have a double update today!