Chapter 7: Hiccup?

A S T R I D

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to the young man behind me.

"Hiccup?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"Yes. Hi Astrid." He said as a baby blue deadly nadder flapped onto his shoulder. I looked over to the black dragon and realized that it was Toothless.

"HICCUP!" I yelled in excitement and hugged him. I could tell he tensed and then hugged me back.Then I was furious. I pushed him away.

"Why did you leave? Huh? Why didn't you stay?" I fumed.

"Um..." he said looking over to his dad, then sighed. "I was afraid. Look, we can settle this later. Are there any survivors?"

I nodded. "not many, but survivors."

Hiccup looked solemn. "We saw what was left of the village."

"Guy's you can come out!" I yelled to my fellow survivors. "It's the chief and.... Hiccup."

Out came everyone covered in burn marks, and minor wounds. Gobber was the first to be seen in the moon light.

"Hiccup? You're- You're alive!" Gobber yelled happily getting Hiccup in a bone crushing hug. I think I heard a pop.

"Yep. I'm - I'm alive." Hiccup said in a raspy voice. "Maybe not for long."

Thankfully Gobber released Hiccup and Hiccup took in a great gulp of air.

"Sorry 'bout that. I just can't believe it." Gobber apologized.

"I missed you too Gobber." Hiccup said.

"Am I the only one who noticed you have a dragon on your shoulder? And by your side?" Snotlout said behind me.

"Ooh a dragon." Ruffnut said in excitement. "2 dragons."

"Can it destroy things?" Tuffnut added.

The small deadly nadder flew over to me and onto my shoulder then squawked in my ear.

"Well she likes you." Hiccup said pointing to the dragon. "This is Sparrow Blue."

"Aww." I said scratching her on the side of her head. "Where's her mom?"

"Her mom gave her to me when we escaped as only an egg. Her mom wasn't well." Hiccup said sadly.

"Oh." I said. I felt bad for Sparrow, who now had her wings around her head as if she were napping. I think I could hear faint snores.

"So no one has fatal wounds?" Hiccup asked looking at the group.

"Not any more." I said. "Thanks to Sapphire."

I pointed to a girl around our age who helped us when we came into the woods. She has dirty blonde hair with blue highlights which looks pretty cool, especially in the moon light right now. (A/N:: DaughterOfChaos13, I hope that's a good description for your viking :) )

"It wasn't any trouble." she said walking over next to me.

"It's Hiccup, right?" Sapphire asked Hiccup.

"Yup." Hiccup answered. Another survivor, Violet stood next to me. She had blue hair with violet in it and was around our age, I remembered seeing her in the village from time to time. I didn't really talk to her all that much but now that I got to know her, she's pretty cool. (A/N:: And for Ashleeloveswolves)

"So still, am I the only who has a problem with the dragons right now?" Snotlout spoke up, again. We all turned to look at him, he was the furthest behind us.

"Yes, you're the only one." Chorused everyone.

"Can I get a dragon?" Ruffnut asked.

"Then we can destroy things." Tuffnut added.

"I can help you all train a dragon," Hiccup said to everyone, then looked to the twins. "But I wouldn't recommend destroying things, I mean considering.." his voice trailed off gesturing in the direction towards the village, or the ruins.

"Why did he look at us when he said that?" Tuffnut asked Ruffnut. Ruffnut shrugged. Despite being on the brink of not surviving, these two always give us a laugh.

"I think I saw some dragons in a clearing here in the forest acouple miles away. We can check that out." Violet said pointing in the opposite direction of the ruins (village).

"Okay then. Lead the way, Violet." Hiccup said.

------------------------
So that was short and only in Astrids POV but the next chapter is when everyone gets their dragons.

Reminder: feel free to describe a viking and a dragon that you'd like me to add to the story, I'll write you in ASAP.

For Ashleeloveswolves and DaughterOfChaos13 I hope you are happy with your characters so far, I'll change anything if I got something wrong.

So I hope you enjoyed. Bye guys :)