Chapter 4

You both sat in silence while you drank your drinks and ate your bentos. You felt uncomfortable with the silence between you and was about to start a conversation when he just smiled at you. A genuine smile. Like he enjoys your company. You blush and immediately look down at your bento. He could tell you didn't like the awkward silence, so started a conversation.

"So, Y/N, what made you join this school?" He said curiously.

"Oh. Well, I had to move cos my parents got relocated cos of their job." You say.

"Ooh. Nice." He said in response.

"You know, it's weird, I only met you today, but I feel like I've known you forever." You say with a smile.

"Yeah I was thinking the same thing!" Yuuji said, laughing a little.

After a short while of laughing, the bell goes, and you quickly pack up your things and head for the stairs. Yuuji was in front of you but stopped at the door and stepped aside while bowing as if to signal that you go first. You let out a little chuckle and start to head down before him. He follows after and you both head to class. You were quiet for a bit until he starts another conversation.

"I have volleyball training after school, do you wanna come watch?" He asked, genuinely wondering if you would say yes.

"Sure. Where shall we meet?" You say with a smile.

"Hmm. What's your last lesson?" He asks.

"Erm, it's math." You say, slightly disappointed that you aren't in the same last class as Yuuji.

"Ah ok I'll meet you at your math class then." Yuuji says, entering the classroom to your next lesson.

Time Skip:-
It was the end of the day and you were packing up all of your school things into your bag. You then see someone stood at your desk helping you pack up. You look up to see who it is and immediately smile. You see it's Yuuji and continue to pack up your things. After everything was packed, you thanked Yuuji for helping, then headed for the door. He did the same thing he did on the roof and you let out a laugh again.

"Honestly, do you always do that?" You say laughing.

"Well to cute girls like you, yes." He says, smiling and laughing.

"H-Hey!" You say blushing.

This was the first time in a while that a guy made you blush by calling you nicknames like that. You weren't used to it. You felt different around Terushima. You felt whole, but most of all he made you feel a whole new emotion you weren't quite used to. Love. He made your heart skip a beat every time he's around. He makes you whole. You hadn't felt this way around a person you had just met before. Let alone someone like Terushima.

"Hey! Sis! There you are! Come on, let's head home." Mafuyu said, approaching the two of you.

"Oh, I'm going to watch Terushima's volleyball training. You go on without me. I'll see you when I get home." You say to Mafuyu.

"Oh ok." Mafuyu said walking off.

You then start to walk towards the gym with Terushima when you see how big it is. You gasp in shock and Terushima looks over at you. You watch him head towards his team and you go to take a seat in the bleachers. You sit and watch for a while until Yuuji approaches you while he's on his break.

"Hey. How are you enjoying it so far?" He asks.

"Your team is so good! Especially you." You say, your eyes darting to the floor.

"Thanks cutie." He says, smiling.

"What's with the new nickname?" You ask.

"What. Am I not allowed to call a cute person cute?" He says pouting.

"Oh my god. Fine." You say, proceeding to laugh a little.

"Yuuji! Break is over!" The coach shouts.

"Sorry coach. Gotta go, see you after practice cutie. I'll walk you home." He says, running back to the court.

Those were the words that made you blush the most. "I'll walk you home." You weren't expecting it. You sat there for the rest of his practice watching him. Sometimes he hit the ball, sometimes he missed. You laughed a little every time he missed because of the face he would make. After a while, the practice came to an end and he began to walk over to you again.

"Hey. I'm gonna shower then we'll meet outside the gym again, k?" He says.

"Yeah sure." You say.