Chapter 5

You walk outside the gym with him and watch him head towards the changing rooms. You just stood there in awe. Of him. Of his kindness. You shook your head and tried to stop thinking about him. But you couldn't. After a while of standing there, a girl approached you. You weren't sure who they were, but you just watched as they walked up to you.

"Hey your Y/N, right? Am I right in thinking you used to play volleyball in your old school?" The girl said.

"Err yeah I did. What of it?" You ask.

"Oh just that I saw you once or twice in a volleyball magazine and I always looked up to you as an amazing player. I never thought you'd come to Johzenji of all schools." She said.

"Aww I'm flattered that you think of me as an amazing player. That's really touching." You say, trying not to shed a tear.

"Well I'm Haku Mizaki. You can just call me Mizaki." The girl said.

"Hi Mizaki." You say.

"Oh I had 2 more questions." Mizaki added.

"Fire away." You said enthusiastically.
"Number 1. Will you join the girls' volleyball team? Number 2. Who taught you that amazing serve you do every game?" Mizaki said, also enthusiastically.

"Hmm. Number 1. Yes, I'd be delighted to. Number 2. It wasn't 1 person, it was 2. They were Miya Atsumu and Kageyama Tobio." You say smiling.

"WHAT?!" Mizaki says, her jaw dropping to the floor.

You both just stand there staring at each other until you both start laughing. You weren't sure why you were laughing, but it just naturally happened. After a while, you both calm down and stop laughing when you see Terushima approaching you.

"Did I hear the name Kageyama Tobio?" He says.

"Yeah! What of him?" Mizaki says.

"I heard he plays for Karasuno." He adds.

"Yeah he does. He's a bit intimidating." You add.

You both say goodbye to Mizaki and head for the gate. You continue walking in the direction of both of your houses, staring ever so secretly up at his face. Whenever he looked over to you, you'd look away, so he didn't catch you staring. After a couple glances, he eventually sees you looking at him and starts to laugh. You didn't know why, so you started laughing as well.

"Honestly, Y/N, if you're gonna stare at me, at least make it less obvious." He says, laughing.

"Wait, you saw?!" You say blushing.

"Yeah I did. So what you're cute and can't resist a guy like me!" He says, laughing even more.

"Wait. N-N t-that's not why..." You say blushing even more 

"Oh come on, you know it's true." He says, leaning down and whispering it in your ear.

"Ok maybe, just maybe it's a little true." You say, turning bright red.