𝚘𝚗𝚎 / 𝚊𝚠𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎

"Daddy, I found something."

A father and his 10 year old daughter were out deep in the desert with their metal detectors. They were hoping to find anything that could be valuable. The man the little girl called her father raced over to where she was standing and together they began to dig. After a few minutes, the man came to the realisation that he had indeed found what seemed to look like an extremely old coffin.

Concerned, he sent his daughter to sit in the car as he didn't want her to be exposed to something of this level. The man continued to dig, eventually pulling the coffin out from the sand. The man examined this coffin for a while. There were no locks. The coffin lid wasn't even nailed shut but no matter how hard this man tried to open it, it just wouldn't budge. Then he realised. There was only one way a coffin could be locked like this. By magic. That's right. This man was indeed a witch. After making sure no one was watching, the man started chanting a spell and after no time, the coffin flew open.

The man opened his eyes and saw a young petite blonde in what seemed to be a very old fashioned dress. She seemed to be lifeless. It looked like she was asleep but judging by the condition of the coffin, the man guessed she wasn't from this era. He reached for her wrist to see if she had a pulse and miraculously, she did. This woman was still alive. The man then proceeded to chant yet another spell.

After ten minutes of chanting, the man heard loud gasps. He opened his eyes and saw the young woman was now awake, sitting up in the coffin and breathing heavily. The man was shocked at how he was able to wake this woman up but that was the least of his concerns. All he wanted to know was what was going on.

The woman in the coffin breathed heavily, frantically looking around her surroundings seeing nothing but yellow sand. She felt her heart beating faster and faster, her nerves sky rocketing upwards pretty quickly. 

"Niklaus?" She called out, hoping he would somehow magically appear in front of her eyes. "Ni-" She tried to call out again before being interrupted with her coughing. Her throat felt dry and scratchy.

"Here you go." She heard, making her jump in her place. She looked up and saw a man holding a water bottle, standing next to the coffin in which she was sat in. Terrified with what was going on, she tried to get herself away from the man however, she couldn't move her legs.

"Who are y-?" She proceeded to ask before coughing again.

"I won't hurt you. Please drink this." He said, handing her the bottle.

Reluctantly, she took the bottle from the man. Usually she wouldn't accept anything offered by a stranger but her throat was really hurting and she was quite parched. She drank the water extremely quickly before thanking the man.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" The man asked.

"I...I'm Amara." She said, taking a better look at the man. He looked strange in her eyes. He had short hair which she found to be abnormal. Amara always remembered men with long hair. His clothes were also strange to her.

"Wow, that's a beautiful name. I'm Liam." The man said as he noticed the look of confusion on her face.

Amara smiled slightly. "Did you wake me up?" She asked.

"Um...yeah. I'm a witch." Liam said, scratching the back of his head. He didn't know if Amara knew of the supernatural but if she was magically put to sleep, he guessed she probably did know something.

"Oh." She said. "What year is it?"

"2015." Liam said, making Amara gasp in shock. She had been asleep for over a thousand years. No wonder everything seemed to different in her eyes. The world had evolved in her absence. She had so many questions but didn't want to ask them.

"So....who is Niklaus?" Liam asked, grabbing Amara's attention.

"What?" She asked.

"Niklaus? The name you called out when you woke up? Who is he?"

Amara smiled at the thought of him. Niklaus was the love of her life. She was in love with his baby blue eyes and gorgeous blond locks. The way his mere touch gave her shivers. The way his rough yet soft voice said her name.

"Niklaus, I need to find him." Amara said.

********

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜

After having the maids compelled to clean up the mess the hybrid had made, Klaus set off to meet his siblings, Rebekah, Elijah and Kol at the town square. The Mikaelson siblings were settled in their hometown of New Orleans. Ever since their eldest brother, Finn had been killed, they all decided to stay in the city that they had built over the years.

"Ahh, there you are Nik, hurry up." Rebekah called out to Klaus. Klaus approached his three siblings and sat with them.

"Let's get down to business, shall we?" Elijah started.

"The white oak." Kol said.

"It's still out there and as long as it's not in my possession, we are all in great danger." Klaus said. All of the Mikaelson siblings were on edge. They were immortal but the white oak stake was the only thing that was capable of taking all of their lives. The siblings wouldn't be able to live in peace until they found it.

"But how are we going to find it?" Rebekah asked.

"We need a witch to perform a locator spell." Klaus said, making Kol burst out laughing. Klaus looked at Kol and glared at him. "I'm sorry Kol, I didn't know that our lives being in danger would be so amusing to you?" Klaus said, glaring at his younger brother.

"Come on Nik, I thought you were smarter than this." Kol said. "Every single witch in New Orleans hate us, more specifically, they hate you. There's no way they'd want to help any one of us."

"I hate to say it Niklaus but I believe Kol is right." Elijah sighed, making Klaus' face harden. Of course he was worried. There was a weapon out there that could kill him and his entire family. "Without a witch by our side, we don't stand a chance at finding the white oak."