𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 / 𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚂𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Amara smiled as she approached Marcel. She was excited for their first date. It wasn't the excitement she experienced when she wanted to see Klaus after a thousand years but she was still excited. Marcel had put in the effort for their date. He had arranged a simple picnic on the hill that overlooked the city. The view was stunning.

"Marcel, this is gorgeous." Amara smiled before sitting down on the picnic blanket.

"I was hoping you'd like it." Marcel said.

The two served each other some food and champagne whilst looking at the view.

"So tell me, what was it like a thousand years ago?" Marcel asked.

"Well it was extremely different to now. We had no cars, no phones, not even buildings. There were simple houses and huts. The men would go out hunting or fighting and the women would stay home and do housework. But despite all that we had fun. It brought the entire neighbourhood closer together. We would spend time with other families, playing games and just having fun." Amara explained. She explained other things she had experienced all those years ago before Marcel spoke more about his life. The pair found each other extremely interesting. Their lives were so different.

"What was Klaus like?" Marcel asked her.

"Niklaus was the definition of perfect. He was kind and loving and caring. He loved and still loves his siblings with all his heart. And he knew how to love me. I guess the thing that ruined him was the abuse he got from Mikael. I've noticed his behaviour has changed but I know Niklaus. He doesn't act out unless there's a reason behind it. We grew up together. I knew him and his entire family since we were young children. He was so happy with his life. His father just ruined that. And I could see in his eyes how much he wanted his father's love. It wasn't his fault he had a different father. But in Mikael's eyes, he was seen as despicable and dirty."

"You're not over him, are you?" Marcel asked.

"I....I've loved him for a very long time. It's just going to take me time to get over him."

********

After the date, Amara set off home. When she walked into the compound, she noticed a tall brunette woman walk past her and leave. She had clothes that revealed a lot of skin and her hair and make up was messy. Amara looked at Elijah who just sighed.

"Niklaus." He sighed. "I don't know what's gotten into him lately."

Amara felt her heart sink. The thought of Klaus with another girl hurt her heart. Even if he was messing around, he was still intimate with another woman. Why wouldn't he just accept her? What was stopping him?

"Amara, don't take it the wrong way. Niklaus must be going through something." Elijah said, resting a hand on her shoulder.

Amara sighed and nodded. She went upstairs and whilst walking past Klaus' room, took a sneak peak. He had blood around his mouth and had no shirt on. The very sight of him melted her. As she was walking away, she heard Klaus mutter to himself. She stopped and used her vampire hearing to hear clearly.

"Why? Why is this happening to me?" Klaus asked himself. "Why do I feel like this? Why?"

Amara walked back over to his room and watched Klaus from the door frame. He was pacing back and forth, holding his head in his hands.

"Ni-....Klaus? Is everything okay?" She asked, making him stop immediately and look up at her.

"You! You need to leave. I don't know what spell you've cast on me but you need to go." Klaus said. Amara walked into his room, confused. She hadn't done anything and now he wanted her gone.