𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 / 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢
𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜

Klaus and his siblings had been roaming around New Orleans all night in hopes of finding a witch that could help them locate the remaining of the white oak. However, as you could probably tell, it was of no use. Nobody was willing to help the siblings. None of the witches liked the Mikaelsons. They tried everything. Compulsion didn't work because the witches were on vervain. Eventually the siblings gave up. Even if a witch did want to help them, they still were not allowed to do magic, a rule set by the leader of New Orleans, Marcel Gerard.

"AHHHHH!!!" Klaus yelled, flipping over a table. He was growing more and more frustrated. The weapon that could kill him and his entire family was still out there and that proved to be extremely dangerous.

"Nik, do calm down." Rebekah said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Of course she was extremely worried too but she had to stay calm. Klaus was visibly upset and she had to help her siblings stay calm.

"Yeah, I mean come on. We're the original vampires. We can do anything. We'll find a witch." Kol said.

"And then what Kol?!" Klaus exclaimed. "What if we're too late?! What if it's already in enemy hands?!"

"Niklaus, calm down." Elijah said. Elijah knew his brother was scared. He was scared for his life. Klaus had made many enemies over the years and they all wouldn't mind getting rid of him once and for all. Elijah knew his brother was hiding his fear with anger. "We will find the white oak. But we have to stay calm."

"There is nothing calm about this situation brother!" Klaus yelled. "For all I know, someone may be on their way here right now to get rid of us."

"Then we'll fight them off. We're the originals. They wouldn't stand a chance." Rebekah said.

********

𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎

"Where are we going?" Amara asked Audrey. It was pretty early in the morning and Audrey had pulled Amara out of bed with no explanation.

"We're nearly there. Come on." Audrey said excitedly. The girls continued walking until they made it to the salon. Although Amara had no idea what this place was.

"What is this place?" She asked, looking up at the building.

"This is a salon. It's where women come to get their hair and nails done." Audrey explained.

"So why are we here?" Amara asked.

"Honey, you're about to be reunited with your love after a thousand years. You should look your absolute best when you meet him. He needs to drool over you." Audrey smiled, making Amara smile. She was kinda looking forward to this. The pair went inside where they were greeted by the workers of the salon.

𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"Wow." Amara gasped as she looked at herself in the mirror. She felt beautiful. Her pale blonde hair had been transformed into gorgeous brighter blonde waves and her skin looked flawless. Her short acrylic nails were baby pink. She felt amazing inside and out.

"What do you think?" Audrey asked, approaching her. She had also gotten her hair done. She had dip dyed her hair lighter and had her nails done too.

"I...I have no words." Amara said. "Thank you so so much."

"It was nothing." Audrey said. "Your man is gonna drool all over you."

Amara blushed, trying to imagine what Niklaus' reaction would be when he first saw her. She couldn't wait.

********

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜

Klaus sat on the bed that was in the middle of his bedroom. He just felt empty. He didn't know why. For a thousand years, he felt this same feeling. No matter how many people he killed or how much he fed, this feeling wouldn't ever leave him. He just couldn't satisfy himself. It was as if there was a hole in his heart and no matter what, he couldn't fill it up.

"Are you okay, Niklaus?" He heard, turning his head to Elijah who was leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about how we're going to find that white oak, that's all." Klaus lied.

Elijah sighed. He knew that wasn't the reason why his brother was like this. Klaus had been like this for a thousand years. Ever since Amara unexpectedly left, Klaus just wasn't the same. The worst part was, whenever he brought up the subject of her, Klaus would act like she never existed.

"I know you miss her." Elijah said.

"Miss who? Our wretched mother? Or our bastard father?" Klaus joked, making Elijah roll his eyes.

"You know who I'm talking about." Elijah said, watching his reaction to see if he would finally acknowledge the conversation Elijah had tried to get him into for a thousand years.

"On the contrary brother, I really do not." Klaus said, his expression not changing in the slightest.

"Amara." Elijah said, now watching as Klaus' face softened slightly before looking at Elijah, annoyed. Klaus noticed his brother looked dead serious.

"For the last time, I don't know an Amara. Why must you continue to bring this person up?" Klaus sighed. He was tired of his brother always bringing up this person who he didn't even know.

"Niklaus, why are you doing this to yourself? I know it hurt you like hell when mother told us what happened to her? Why won't you mourn her?" Elijah asked. He wanted Klaus to just admit that he was hurt. He wanted him to break down his walls and let out all of his emotions. He hated whenever Klaus would bottle up his feelings.

"Brother, I can't mourn someone that I don't know." Klaus said as he rolled his eyes.

"Of course you know her. She was the love of your life. You both completed each other. She made you the happiest you had ever been and since she left, you act like you never knew her to block out all of that pain and hurt but brother, it's okay. It doesn't make you weak to mourn a loved one and accept that they are gone." Elijah said softly. He knew Klaus wasn't one to express his feelings and emotions so he was understanding when it came to him not acknowledging Amara. He wanted to help his brother get through his grief instead of blocking it out and letting it eat him up inside.

"Elijah, in case you've forgotten. I am Klaus Mikaelson. I'm the most powerful and deadly hybrid in the world. People cower when they hear my name. I am a monster. I don't love. I have never loved. The only people I have an acceptation for are Rebekah, Kol and yourself. I have said it a thousand times and I'll say it a thousand times more. Love is a vampire's greatest weakness. It slows people down. It's a distraction and I don't have time for distractions." Klaus said.

"But brother..."

"No! Stop!" Klaus said, getting up and heading towards his bedroom door. "Now if you mention this Amara person to me again, I will not hesitate to put a dagger in your heart."

Klaus left the room and Elijah sighed. It was no use. He would never get his brother to break his walls down and accept that Amara was well and truly gone.