𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡 / 𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎
𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

Amara rubbed her eyes, making sure she wasn't imagining anything. She looked and still saw Esther stood in front of her.

"What...what is happening? How are you here? Where am I?" Amara asked.

"You're on the Other Side." Esther replied.

"The Other Side? What's that?"

"A place where every supernatural creature comes when they die."

"So I am dead?" 

"Yes, you are."

"Why are you here? Why are you talking to me? After everything you put me through, you have the nerve to approach me." Amara said. Of course she was still angry with Esther. After all, she is the one that separated her from the love of her life for a thousand years.

"Yes, I knew you wouldn't be happy to see me."

"That's not even close to how I would describe it. You took Niklaus away from me for a thousand years. I had to sleep in a coffin in the middle of nowhere for a thousand years all because of you. How could you do that to me? I did absolutely nothing to you. In fact, I saw you like a mother. I practically grew up with your family when I was little and you still did that to me." Amara asked as tears grew in her eyes.

Esther looked at Amara, Esther's eyes filled with guilt and regret. "I saw you like a daughter, Amara. I really did. You made my children so happy whenever you were around, especially my little Henrik and my Niklaus."

"Then why? Why did you make me suffer for a thousand years? Why?"

"I blamed you for Henrik's death because it was werewolves that killed him and I knew you were a werewolf yourself even if your curse hadn't been triggered. I had just lost my youngest child. I was devastated and I wasn't thinking straight. I didn't want to blame Niklaus because he was my son and I knew Mikael would finally kill him if he ever found out he was the reason behind it. And...I was scared. I was scared one day, you would activate your curse and one day, hurt Niklaus and I couldn't bare the thought of losing another son. I had already lost my eldest daughter and then my youngest son. I couldn't lose another child." Esther was in tears at this point. Amara sighed and walked over to Esther, giving her a hug. She guessed it was pretty traumatising losing two kids. She knew she probably wouldn't be able to bare it if she had ever lost her son.

"I understand Esther but there were other ways to handle that situation." Amara said.

"I know. I was just so upset. I didn't know what I was doing. For a thousand years, I watched my son travel the world to stop that uneasy feeling he had because of my spell. I later realised I shouldn't have ever spelled him in the first place. Because of me, my Niklaus was suffering emotionally and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't do anything." Esther said as she wiped her tears. "But then you came back and you both fell for each other once again and that was when I saw my son truly happy for the first time. You bearing his child makes him happy. When I saw you push my son out of the way and get yourself killed, I realised I...I made a grave mistake. You would never hurt my son. You would protect him from any harm, even if you got hurt or killed in the process. I made a big mistake separating you from him. Forgive me Amara. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

"Esther, it's okay. I know you were just protecting your son."

"How could you forgive me so easily after everything I did to you?"

"Like I said, I grew up with you all. I saw you like a mother. And I love your son and I always will."

"I saw my son's reaction when he saw you had passed. You turned him into someone I never thought I'd see again. You turned him into his human self. The young boy who loved life. I can't let him go back to how he was before. I can't leave my son heartbroken over his wife and child."

"What do you mean?"

"I can send you back. I can send you back and it'll be like you never passed."

"But how?"

"I'm Esther Mikaelson, the original witch. I possess a lot more power than people think."

"But, why would you want to send me back?"

"Because you make my son happy. You make him into the loving and caring man he is. I wronged him a lot and you too. Now it's time to make things right. I need to send you and your son back."

"Thank you, Esther. Thank you so much." Amara said before giving her a hug. What Esther was doing was really kind. She would once again be happy with her husband and family. 

"Take care of my son and my grandson." Esther smiled.

"I will, Esther. Thank you."

"No, thank you, Amara, for bringing my family back together." Esther smiled and that was the last thing Amara heard before everything went white.